Do you/would you use a chipper

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Have one. Use it.

Isnt an guaranteed starter in my rig, some but usually makes it back into the starting line up in the Autumn or winter when ground conditions are poor, as I find it more reliable than picking from bare or muddy lies. And sometime stays in through the summer. A Slazenger or Dunlop I think. Gaming it at the moment. Great for getting out of tight spots as well, like close to trees or limited backswing at a wall or whatever.

I think the score of almost all handicap golfers 10+ would benefit from one, and the only thing that prevents that at the moment is that no pros are bagging one, so it just cant be sold to a market that prizes aping pros over their own scores. It would only take 2 or 3 top 50 pros to bag one, and they would be everywhere in the amateur world as the stigma would fade away.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use one!

I keep it in the bag because I have room. I have become less reliant on as my chipping with other clubs has improved because of my use of the chipper! For me it’s in my head. I used to dread any chip now I dread it a little less!

For anyone who says it’s the same as a 8 iron. It’s not for me! The loft might be the same as an 8 iron but the club is similar to a putter and I used it like a putter not an 8 iron. It’s no different to having a 19’ iron, hybrid and wood. They all have the same loft but they are not the same club.

Golf is fun and if a legal club helps you have fun and score better then use it

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you have one and it helps...great.
But, it's only one club with one loft, very limiting to how many shots you can us it for.
Better to learn how to chip, then you'll have a bag full of chippers.