Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Yes - but if too strict don’t play

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters

Morfeen75

Visit site
there has been a massive relaxation of dress codes over the past 5 or 10 years. Our place still wants white socks with shorts and shirts tucked in on course - shirts out fine in the bar. And trainers and "smart" jeans are fine in teh clubhouse - ie not ripped jeans, which i can't imagine most people would think are acceptable in clubhouses anyway. Smilarly, no football tops
RIpped jeans shouldnt be acceptable in society, nevermind golf clubs.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Usually I wouldn't bother. 99% of golf club's dress codes are exactly the same - practically word for word. I wear golf clothing including white socks each time so I have no concerns about not meeting the typical club's dress code.

Wasn’t you wearing ripped jeans when collecting the trophy at H4H, when the website clearly stated no ripped or frayed denim 🤔. So the answer the the post is clearly no, you do not check the dress code.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wasn’t you wearing ripped jeans when collecting the trophy at H4H, when the website clearly stated no ripped or frayed denim 🤔. So the answer the the post is clearly no, you do not check the dress code.

Haha, so glad that didn't go unnoticed. 😂 Yeah that was just an accident, I hadn't packed anything extra to change into and when I was absolutely drenched during the round I had no choice but to wear what I'd brought for the Wednesday evening unfortunately.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Haha, so glad that didn't go unnoticed. 😂 Yeah that was just an accident, I hadn't packed anything extra to change into and when I was absolutely drenched during the round I had no choice but to wear what I'd brought for the Wednesday evening unfortunately.

But we all knew the weather was going to be crap. Sounds a poor excuse,

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
just as an aside - do people in other sports such as football, rugby and cricket moan at what they have to wear or is it just golf?
No dress codes in any of those clubhouses, football, rugby, cricket (amateur level before anyone quotes the MCC section at Lords 🙄). Wear what you want. So yes, just golf

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't be silly. It will be brought up at random on the forum like most of the rubbish running jokes or "witty banter'

Got to disagree here PJ. There is witty banter, stale jokes and then just plain ball-axe.

The post was about visiting clubs, checking dress codes and so on.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yes, love my golf joggers but can’t wear them with long socks so always check if that’s acceptable if I’ve never played the course before.

If ever in doubt I’d just wear normal trousers and ankle socks with zero fear of breaking a rule.

Clubhouse rules can be pretty stuffy but I do my best to comply. Never felt that I haven’t! (Or been told so)

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Yes, love my golf joggers but can’t wear them with long socks so always check if that’s acceptable if I’ve never played the course before.

If ever in doubt I’d just wear normal trousers and ankle socks with zero fear of breaking a rule.

Clubhouse rules can be pretty stuffy but I do my best to comply. Never felt that I haven’t! (Or been told so)
I don’t think I have ever seen any dress code in regards golf joggers or what socks have to be worn with them

Most dress codes evolve as golf fashion changes

We changed ours last year ( took a loooooonnng time )

Last meeting someone wanted to go back to old one 😂 he looked like he spent all round playing in the trees with the amount of holes and rubbish on his jumper and yet was moaning about joggers , and shorts with a pocket on the side - both made by UA and sold in pro shop

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Last meeting someone wanted to go back to old one 😂 he looked like he spent all round playing in the trees with the amount of holes and rubbish on his jumper and yet was moaning about joggers , and shorts with a pocket on the side - both made by UA and sold in pro shop

Can you find out the name of them as I’m always losing my score card and aware that cargos are no no (posted in this thread)

3 jabber

Visit site
No dress codes in any of those clubhouses, football, rugby, cricket (amateur level before anyone quotes the MCC section at Lords 🙄). Wear what you want. So yes, just golf
Other sports have dress codes whether that be team strips or in clubhouses. My rugby club was club blazers and ties after matches. Everyone conformed. Not difficult.

RichA

Visit site
Other sports have dress codes whether that be team strips or in clubhouses. My rugby club was club blazers and ties after matches. Everyone conformed. Not difficult.
My local rugby club (semi-professional - National League 1) just has the one rule - no soiled footwear. Less difficult.
Players, family, members and supporters will be mingling having a drink after the match. But it's a community sports club rather than a "club".

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Think it’s very hard to compare team sports with golf

When playing for a team you will be in some sort of uniform and that’s the same with golf - when someone plays for the “club” they will prob be asked to wear team colours and shirts etc

Afterwards it maybe team jacket and tie etc which you also see with some rugby or cricket teams

But go into a football or rugby club etc there won’t be a dress code as such

When you do play other sports there will be some items that are deemed necessary and some will be within the rules of the sport