Do you buy Golf Monthly magazine or subscribe?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Following on from Mike H post today about how opportunities are picked, got me thinking how many on here actually buy the magazine.

I would have though most did, but who knows!

I’ve been getting the mag since 2006 when I started playing and have not missed an issue in that time, I subscribed for a while but, due to my location it always turned up a week after it was available in the shops. SO now I buy it from WH smiths at Inverness Airport every month.

So over to you guys, do you and how long for?

D

Deleted member 15344

Subscribed for the last couple of months.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I generally buy it every month. I should probably subscribe but with a young family and all the other associated financial pressures it seems like quite a big chunk of money, whereas I don't really notice a fiver a month. False economy I know but there you go...

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to pick it up at the supermarket but started subscribing a few months ago when they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

D

Deleted member 17920

Been buying it for years but finally started subscribing around 12 months ago as it was just a pain to get a copy from the shop here.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Buying for about 3 years subscribing for just over a year. Wouldn't miss an issue now and I do get another 4 golf mags as well each month but if I had to choose I'd stick with GM.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Used to subscribe but got fed up with seeing it on the shelf in most local outlets only to receive mine a week or ten days later, now I just grab it when I see it,

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I subscribe
I have done, on and off, for nearly 10 years.
There don't appear to be particularly good renewal deals for magazine subscriptions so I let mine lapse for a month or two and then take advantage of a "New Subscriber" deal, often through Tesco Club card vouchers..
I think it runs out in a couple of issues time...

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used to subscribe when I lived in N.Ireland but since moving to the Republic I just buy it monthly when I'm in the North as it's over twice the price to get it delivered to the door in The Republic :eek:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I subscribe
I have done, on and off, for nearly 10 years.
There don't appear to be particularly good renewal deals for magazine subscriptions so I let mine lapse for a month or two and then take advantage of a "New Subscriber" deal, often through Tesco Club card vouchers..
I think it runs out in a couple of issues time...

I subscribe in similar fashion latest deal was through England golf if I remember correctly was 5 issues for a fiver to start.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never subscribed.

Spend a lot of time travelling on trains for work so pick up every months copy at a station somewhere.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't subscribe, and generally only pick them up every couple of issues, depends on what I'm doing or if I know I'm gonna have some time on my hands to read it. Over the last year probably picked up 6/7 issues .... don't buy any other mags, and generally read almost all my content on my iPad.