Do you buy Golf Monthly magazine or subscribe?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I subscibe and have done since I joined the forum. I do get behind on my reading sometimes though as flick to the pages I want to read first (forum!!) and then flick in and out before finally working my way through from cover to cover and recycling!

Edit - the only one not recycled is where I got to ask Tom Watson a question and that's in my "keepsake" chest!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
since 1972 :eek:...........yes yes I am an old guy in looks only:whistle:

interestingly enough some 'old' instruction mirrors a lot today, except it's in drawing form not high speed digital images.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Subscribe. Have done for a while. I would probably subscribe whether I used the Forum or not, but I like to think that I'm supporting the Forum by buying the magazine.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am a buyer. I quite look forward to a walk to the shops to pick it up! But to be honest, since I stopped smoking I don't go to the shop every day, so am gonna subscribe as I am getting fat and lazy since being a non smoker!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to subscribe but wasnt always reading them and reading tips and tuition in mags doesnt work for me, I like reading gear reviews but then it makes me want to go out and buy something.... not good lol. I also find as a heavy internet user I do most of my golf reading online using a pc so usually search for something I want to read.

I will probably subscribe again in the future and do pick up the odd copy now and again if a featrue catches my eye.

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been a subscriber for a few years now but cancelled my subscription this year because of the cost but after reading
mikes comment might have to rethink.

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used to buy it in train stations and airports when I was on the move with work but when the subscription offer on the z-stars came along, I jumped in, so I've been a subscriber since (I think) October last year.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I buy it, used to get it at heathrow on my way out to a race. It was my little escape from constantly talking about cars . Now I pick it up when I do the weekly shop at Tesco. It still provides a little escapism, having a non golfing family means I will only get to look at the pictures of these course unless they have a spa!

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been a subscriber for a few years, I have just 'filed' about 40 copies which were sitting in my office gathering dust. Spring cleaning the office is very thereaputic however now can't find a thing.

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I buy it at the supermarket probably about 6 or 8 times a year, although I am thinking of getting a version for my I pad which is pretty good value for money and a whole lot more convenient. I am really grateful this forum is part of it because it is a great way to talk to other golfers. :thup: