Do I not like that....

PaulMdj

Visit site
And I get where you are coming from because I don’t contravene the codes but as per your post what on earth has the length and colour of socks got to do with ‘playing the game’ or whether my shirt is tucked in on the first tee. As regards the jumper comment, no idea I always have only shirt tucked in but don’t foist my taste on others.
Absolutely nothing to do with ‘playing the game’ imo, only thing I can guess is those that do insist on length of sock or colour or shirt tucked in believe it to be important.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Absolutely nothing to do with ‘playing the game’ imo, only thing I can guess is those that do insist on length of sock or colour or shirt tucked in believe it to be important.
Probably because they’ve got nothing else going on in their life’s and it makes them feel important if they tell someone to tuck their shirt in.
Or they’re under the thumb at home so need to flex their muscles 🤷‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm still not getting why wearing a hat indoors matters to people. I don't do it but if someone wants to, so what? It seems so random that it gets chosen to bother people.

There doesn't need to be a reason why someone wants to wear one, that's their choice.
I've never understood it at all. Nobody can ever explain it, they just say "you don't need to be wearing a hat indoors". That may be true but it's not worth banning it over! Wearing an outdoor coat indoors would be equally inappropriate but nobody's made any rules about that.

Just one of those bizarre things where each generation has told the next generation to be offended by it, yet nobody can remember why.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Players who take a divot on their practice swing
Whilst I fully agree....
If your shot is going to require a divot being taken then , surely, you have to take a divot with your practice swing otherwise it's a worthless exercise..?
Better to simply not bother with a practice swing...they never resemble the real thing anyway.... ;)

Asian Dawn

Visit site
People describing Wyndham Clark's lip-out on the 18th at Sawgrass as a 360. No it was a 180. A 360 would do a complete revolution of the hole and then continue in the same direction as it started.
The First Cut podcast mob will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
People describing Wyndham Clark's lip-out on the 18th at Sawgrass as a 360. No it was a 180. A 360 would do a complete revolution of the hole and then continue in the same direction as it started.
The First Cut podcast mob will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

I guess their frame of reference is its a (near) 360 round the hole circumference rather than just 180 in respect of direction of play ;) If I was betting on which term is right I'd save my money and buy some bamboo pink castles instead

Springveldt

Visit site
She couldn't keep a straight face when she told the story. A mixture of hysterical laughter and embarrassment at the time 😂.

Irony was, it was in a town, Blyth, which is not greatest. Maybe that's why they introduced it, they didn't want it to be a PJ's and dressing gown pub and knew they had to do something to stop it happening.
The missus wanted to go there yesterday for Sunday lunch, good job we didn't as I had a pair of grey joggers on. :LOL:

Springveldt

Visit site
Ironically I am posting this from a 5 star hotel in Marrakech and am now on my way out to a Michelin starred restaurant- neither of which has a dress code.
In-the-80s-harry-enfield.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 35504

Ironically I am posting this from a 5 star hotel in Marrakech and am now on my way out to a Michelin starred restaurant- neither of which has a dress code.
But they do.

If someone walked into the restaurant in beach shorts, flip flops and a wife-beater they wouldn't let him sit down, therefore there is some sort of code to adhere to.

Anyway sounds great 👍😁

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
They are just trying to exercise some authority to make themselves feel important.

Their wives probably choose their none golf clothes for them.

But they do.

If someone walked into the restaurant in beach shorts, flip flops and a wife-beater they wouldn't let him sit down, therefore there is some sort of code to adhere to.

Anyway sounds great 👍😁

Not in every case. I’ve sat in a Michelin starred restaurant with wearing flip flops, shorts and a basketball tops and no one batted an eyelid.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are just trying to exercise some authority to make themselves feel important.

Their wives probably choose their none golf clothes for them.

Not in every case. I’ve sat in a Michelin starred restaurant with wearing flip flops, shorts and a basketball tops and no one batted an eyelid.
I remember eating at a very nice restaurant with my wife a few years ago - must have been a special occasion. I quickly identified the richest man in the room - he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, a straw hat, shorts and flip flops and had two gorgeous young women dining with him. 😄