Disley Golf Club

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The wife and I went for a knock yesterday afternoon at Disley. We were out behind the Saturday comp. The skies looked threatening and rain was falling as we teed off. Half way up the first came the first clap of doom. Then all hell was let loose. Torrential rain and more thunder then hail stones. We ran for cover under trees. Yes yes I know but I couldn't see the lightening. Five minutes later the klaxon was sounded. The rain subsided. I walked over to some lads who were on the phone questioning the klaxon. Was the comp off????? We're we to come in???? The comp was cancelled. The rain went off, blue skies were seen. We decided to play the second and third which put us near the clubhouse. No rain. We decided to continue. The course was almost empty now. Lovely conditions, tad windy but really nice. All around the area, Stockport etc black clouds covered everything. Looked awful, but we had sunshine!!!!

We like Disley. But the greens?????? Absolutely stunning. Not a dried out blade of grass on them. Perfect!!!! So true as well. THE BEST I'VE PLAYED ON THIS YEAR BY A COUNTY MILE !!!!!! It's cracking course to play. Wide fairways to lash the ball down. Some cool par threes, protected by nighmare slopes on greens you cannot see. The quarry hole is so cool as well.

A fantastic course, superbly presented greens. Oh and the wife picked up a pair of Hi-Tec golf shoes from the Pro shop for.......£14.99. Waterpoof and comfy as you like. She wore them to play in, well might as well! Brilliant afternoons golf. Third visit to the place and have not been let down once !!!!!!

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I find that the par 3's make a course. And good greens. Sounds like I'd like it. Duly noted in case I'm ever in the area* 👍

* Maybe not if there's a storm though!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Par three's are very tough. One is 120 yards, up hill to a postage stamp green that slopes viciously back to front. Although you don't notice it, until you putt from above the hole and watch it roll past the hole gaining speed.