Spray for grip tackyness?

BogeyJosh

Visit site
Hi All,

So I bought the new Golfpride CPX grips and regripped my entire bag…Whilst those grips are great for softness, they are simply the worst grips when it comes to moisture (rain or even a tiny bit of sweat) - I might as well be trying to swing with a bar of soap!

I’m reluctant to spend another £160 on grips, so was wondering if anyone has ever used any sort grip spray, or hydrophobic sticky spray on their grips that they could recommend?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Trying washing with hot water, washing up liquid and a green scouring pad. Give them a good scrub, rinse and towel dry.

It’s normally the sweat that makes them slippy

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've not had a problem in the wet with mine.
I did recently give them a rub with multi-purpose anti-bac wipes and pat dry with kitchen roll and they have gone super-sticky!

RichA

Visit site
Hi All,

So I bought the new Golfpride CPX grips and regripped my entire bag…Whilst those grips are great for softness, they are simply the worst grips when it comes to moisture (rain or even a tiny bit of sweat) - I might as well be trying to swing with a bar of soap!

I’m reluctant to spend another £160 on grips, so was wondering if anyone has ever used any sort grip spray, or hydrophobic sticky spray on their grips that they could recommend?
They aren't the worst. The Golf Pride website lists them as second worst after Tour Wrap, which I can confirm are like wrestling a greased ferret when there's even a sniff of moisture in the air.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
As others have said, they seem to regain their tackiness when cleaned. So the simple answer for the op would be to carry a wet towel with him and wipe them down after every shot.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Best way I’ve found to keep grips tacky is an occasional scrub using water with a dishwasher tablet dissolved in it. Works a treat.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They aren't the worst. The Golf Pride website lists them as second worst after Tour Wrap, which I can confirm are like wrestling a greased ferret when there's even a sniff of moisture in the air.
I remember buying a new set of TMs with those on, brand new grips fitted within a few weeks of buying them. I used to love the Tour Wrap full cords though.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Golf Pride tour rep told me to scrub them with a scrubbing brush and washing powder. Had to be washing powder not liquid as there was some enzyme in it that reacts with the grip.