Sweaty hands - struggling for grip.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha! Good job I left the pink trousers in the car. Might have been too much to handle. :D

:D I'm proper disappointed you didn't rock them yesterday!

Also, I now know why you already have two albatrosses this year!

I didn't want to show my true colours first time meeting everyone!
They will make an apperance at a meet in the near future.

Still need a little bit of luck for the albatrosses but hitting good shots does help. So thats 3 good shots I've hit this year!!

I did think Rick might have been on a stitch up. In his defence he did have some of his own on him though. I never realised PING did such colourful gear outside of the Ladies range though.

EZprophet

Head Pro
Visit site
interesting EZ, i was more worried about looking more of a tit with two gloves than i did already.

Yeah I never said you wouldn't look like a tit. ;) ;)

I used to get all sorts of crap for wearing them... I actually remember somebody I was playing with telling me about Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey back when he was struggling on the lower tours. I'm not sure whether I reminded him of Gainey because of my swing or the two gloves... :D but either way he was taking the piss ;)

And yes they were black ones.... :eek: :eek:

I ended up just keeping them on while I putted aswell as it was too much hassle constantly taking them off and putting them back on... :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We were talking about sweaty hands on Sunday. There use to be some stuff you could get in Boots and spray onto your hands that stopped them sweating. Can't remember the name but we all thought it had been discontinued. I got through loads of gloves yesterday and Sunday as tey just got so wet with the sweat but didn't have a problem with my right hand

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Oddsocks, the brand new soft grips I had on my irons still didn't stop my clubs slipping. I found I did similar to you by drying hands before playing a shot.

It's the one and only time I've ever had to dry my hands constantly while playing golf. I just simply put it down to the extreme heat that's all.

Don't worry about looking like a tit in two gloves, you said that about Swinger walking to the first tee on Sunday with a cowboy hat on and his umbrella up! :) :D :D That was priceless!! :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Swinger looked like Crocodile bloody Dundee walking to the 1st on Sunday in that hat and got some weird looks for having the brolly up in 100 degree heat. He hit a good ball though so there must be something in it.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ltp, Ive scrubbed my current grips and I'm going to see how they are Saturday, like you I have to say this is the first time I've had this issue which makes me wonder if it was just too much sweat built up from Sunday, which was the hotter day yet I didn't experience the issue. Ice also just had some of them grip whipes off improve my golf ;)

Homer it wasn't home getting the strange looks, it was that cute chick that walked down, now that was definitely a highlight of the day! ;)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Homer it wasn't home getting the strange looks, it was that cute chick that walked down, now that was definitely a highlight of the day! ;)

Erm...Probably best to keep your curtains closed after mentioning that in the public domain. :D

funkyfred

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes i had the sweaty hand problem on Monday and it is something that has only developed this year. I could say it was probably the reason why I played so bad, but truthfully i think its a lack of ability.
However some good ideas here which I will start to try out.

Thanks guys. :) :)