Digs from the pro

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've been getting digs (smart arsed comments more like) from our pro about my trolley as its the clicgear 1.0 with the air tyres. He tells me I shouldn't be allowed them on course as the thin wheels ruin the ground and the greenkeepers don't like them either .
I've spoke to greenkeepers and he doesn't have a problem with it as its not a motorised one .
I think the pro just wants me to buy a new one from him as he keeps pointing out the similar ones in the shop

so my dilemma is do I tell him to bog off as I've spoken to the greenkeepers or buy a diff trolley but not from him ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd just say you've chatted to the greenkeeper and he's fine with the trolley you have so you'll be sticking with it.

Other option is to see if hedgehog covers fit it? Mine has air tyres too and some courses don't like them but can't get hedgehogs to fit so usually hire a pull one in such circumstances.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unless they ban your trolley or you want a new toy I'd tell him to do one!
And carry on as you are, at the end of the day if head green keeper happy there's no need to worry.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or you could borrow a mates trolley and rock up at the pro shop and say do you like my new trolley? Bought it from American golf :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I've been getting digs (smart arsed comments more like) from our pro about my trolley as its the clicgear 1.0 with the air tyres. He tells me I shouldn't be allowed them on course as the thin wheels ruin the ground and the greenkeepers don't like them either .
I've spoke to greenkeepers and he doesn't have a problem with it as its not a motorised one .
I think the pro just wants me to buy a new one from him as he keeps pointing out the similar ones in the shop

so my dilemma is do I tell him to bog off as I've spoken to the greenkeepers or buy a diff trolley but not from him ?

Just one question....
Did you show the greenkeeper the trolley concerned?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of my playing partners has been using my old clic gear 1.0 as he broke his trolley. He has been asked not to use it in the Winter as the club requires hedgehogs to be used and it is assumed that the inflatable tires cause as much damage as normal ones. You can buy a replacement wheel kit with a set of hedgehogs included but that costs about £50.00. He is now borrowing my stand bag and carries.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I might have a Ping carry bag he could buy.....if he's old enough :)

You may get the chance to ask him yourself, I gave him your card on Saturday as he wants to get rid of a fade that has found its way into his drives (Plays off 11). May need a few more your cards at this rate.

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd just say you've chatted to the greenkeeper and he's fine with the trolley you have so you'll be sticking with it.

Other option is to see if hedgehog covers fit it? Mine has air tyres too and some courses don't like them but can't get hedgehogs to fit so usually hire a pull one in such circumstances.

The hedgehogs only fit the foam wheels