Walking is an integral part of the (pro) game

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Noting that they will have different rules /legislation between the countries to work within
Not sure I understand?

The matter is one for the organising committee of any event - basically that is what the rules have said for a long long time.

If you are referencing the potential legislative situation if the player wishes to go to litigation then I agree; and it will always be the case I suspect!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not sure I understand?

The matter is one for the organising committee of any event - basically that is what the rules have said for a long long time.

If you are referencing the potential legislative situation if the player wishes to go to litigation then I agree; and it will always be the case I suspect!

As far as I understand the only reason he got it in the PGA was due to a claim under the Americans with disabilities act
Obviously doesn't apply in this case

Just a guess but without that act I suspect the PGA would have declined

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I share the R&A’s sentiment about his condition and agree that Daly shouldn’t be entitled to use a buggy.

The R&A statement added that Royal Portrush's terrain is "not suited to buggies and indeed the club does not permit their use".

Be interesting to see how many buggies are wizzing around carrying media people, officials and referees though (even though the terrain is unsuitable for them) - can’t see them walking!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I share the R&A’s sentiment about his condition and agree that Daly shouldn’t be entitled to use a buggy.

The R&A statement added that Royal Portrush's terrain is "not suited to buggies and indeed the club does not permit their use".

Be interesting to see how many buggies are wizzing around carrying media people, officials and referees though (even though the terrain is unsuitable for them) - can’t see them walking!
They will be going over terrain suitable for a buggy, off the usual playing areas.
There are large areas Portrush where you could hit a ball and not get anywhere near it with a buggy.
That's why JD can't use one - not that he should anyway in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 1147

If you’ve just walked around 30 + miles over the last 4 days & your opponent hasn’t , it wouldn’t seem quite fair .

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
If you’ve just walked around 30 + miles over the last 4 days & your opponent hasn’t , it wouldn’t seem quite fair .
I totally agree with this sentiment. Dealing with the mental pressure of the back 9 on day 3 or 4, with less physical toil would surely make that situation easier.