Digs from the pro

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On a slight tangent I just put my hedgehog wheels onto the GK about now and leave them on until Spring. No issues unless there is complete trolly ban and then it don't matter what you have. I keep a carry bag in the boot in case. If the greenkeeper has given the trolly a thumbs up I'd go back to the pro and tell him so and tell him you don't like his direct sales technique

T

thecraw

It is FACT that narrow wheels do cause more damage in wet conditions. A lot of courses ban them and some don't entertain narrow wheel trolleys at all.

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
On a slight tangent I just put my hedgehog wheels onto the GK about now and leave them on until Spring. No issues unless there is complete trolly ban and then it don't matter what you have. I keep a carry bag in the boot in case. If the greenkeeper has given the trolly a thumbs up I'd go back to the pro and tell him so and tell him you don't like his direct sales technique

i told him today that i wouldnt be buying any new trolley from him as the greenkeeper said he didnt know about any problems with my clicgear and even if he did i wouldn`t be going for the one he stocks as its mingin (horrible you the southeners):ears:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Why do you need air tyres on a trolley?

Cos that's what the Clic 1.0 had/has.

Pneumatic tyres offer the best performance for the 'super-light' push trolleys - over 'normal' ground at least.

Originally designed based on the 3-wheeled 'runners' pram (and I think Sun Mountain was the first) so spoked wheels and pneumatic tyres were the norm - and great for 1 finger pushing in Summer.

Not really designed for Winter use. Later versions use more 'Winter usable' wheels - and there is an upgrade available.

Oh. And I'd suggest to the Pro that he modify his marketing technique too - he'd have lost some of my trust with that comment and that of the HGK-er.

Last edited:

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I've been getting digs (smart arsed comments more like) from our pro about my trolley as its the clicgear 1.0 with the air tyres. He tells me I shouldn't be allowed them on course as the thin wheels ruin the ground and the greenkeepers don't like them either .
I've spoke to greenkeepers and he doesn't have a problem with it as its not a motorised one .
I think the pro just wants me to buy a new one from him as he keeps pointing out the similar ones in the shop

so my dilemma is do I tell him to bog off as I've spoken to the greenkeepers or buy a diff trolley but not from him ?

Why don’t you just keep looking at all the trolleys the pro has to offer, just to annoy him. A long as no one official is saying anything about what you have then just ignore him with your non intention to buy. He’ll get fed up sooner or later.

S

Snelly

If I was you I would have a chat with the secretary and let him know that one of the members of staff is getting ideas above his station.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cos that's what the Clic 1.0 had/has.

Pneumatic tyres offer the best performance for the 'super-light' push trolleys - over 'normal' ground at least.

Originally designed based on the 3-wheeled 'runners' pram (and I think Sun Mountain was the first) so spoked wheels and pneumatic tyres were the norm - and great for 1 finger pushing in Summer.

Not really designed for Winter use. Later versions use more 'Winter usable' wheels - and there is an upgrade available.

Oh. And I'd suggest to the Pro that he modify his marketing technique too - he'd have lost some of my trust with that comment and that of the HGK-er.

Was that reply cut from their brochure :smirk:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why do you need air tyres on a trolley?

Interestingly (sort of!) I have the Sun Mountain with air filled tyres and David has the newer model with solid tyres. I should say "had" because the spokes kept breaking and I assume the constant bouncing around of the trolley without the cushioning of the air filled tyres was too much for the spokes. He replaced them on 3 occasions but got fed up so now has a Stewart trolley.