Developing a new gadget for golf would you use it?

How many golf balls do you loss a year?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 16999

I was tempted to get one to be honest....so should you going off your opening tee shot at Cleveland :p
I think you'll see by Robin's photo I was on the 18th fairway, in clear view, with no issues. :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I can easily find a half dozen balls every round I play without really trying - but I've got hundreds and struggle to sell them at church fetes. So I wouldn't bother buying torch to help me find more.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've walked a couple of holes in the dark, going back to try to find a club I left behind. I had a feeble phone torch and really didn't trust where I was stepping. And this is a course I know like the back of my hand.
There are people who scour the edges of golf courses for lost balls, but they are not usually golfers.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I would do a bit of research and walk round your local courses just before dark.

I think you will see very few golfers, two or three groups on the last couple of holes mid summer maybees.

Someone walking on a golf course in the dark with torch might attract the attention of the police.

I'm out

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow, there is some anger on this thread. On each course I have been a member of there have been dog walkers on the course in the evening. Many also play golf and pass the time looking for balls whilst Bonzo is charging around chasing rabbits. Links courses all over the country are likely to have rights of way on them. Are you likely to go out specifically searching for balls? No. If you are out as the light dims might you get the torch out and shine it in the undergrowth? Quite possibly. Loads of golfers re-use golf balls that have been found, not everyone is precious and will only use brand new ProV1's.

As Paul wrote earlier, a likely Christmas present from your Auntie that knows you play golf but knows nothing about the game. No harm done.

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
Over the past 4 months, I've been developing a golf torch. The torch works in the dark after the last round of the day to find golf balls by lighting them up using UV light. I just wanted to ask everyone's honest feedback if they would use a gadget like this in your bag? Also, could you give any feedback on my website and how to improve it? https://golfballfinder.com

I'm also doing some research on how many golf balls are lost each year per golfer. I've created a poll above it would be great if you could vote too.

I've already got one.

Bogie Laird

Visit site
When I lose a ball, I can normally see it, but am not able to get it because of a physical obstruction, ie a fence, so I don't think it would help me much. A ball retriever would probably be more useful.