Decent pencil bag less than 50 quid??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm after a pencil bag that actually has a stand on it, than costs less than £50. Doesn't sound like I'm asking for much, but you'd be surprised, as it turns out. I'm bidding on a nice looking Mizuno one on Ebay but I think the bids are going to go too high.

https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/golf-bags/bags-by-type/pencil-bags/ben-sayers-6-golf-pencil-stand-bag

These are the only options I've really found, I have to admit that £45 for that 'Longridge' bag even seems a bit steep to me. Anyone got a better option that I might not have seen? Narrower the better as it's just for driving range mainly so only needs 6-7 clubs capacity tops really.

The stand part is compulsory, my current pencil bag doesn't have one and it annoys me having to lay it down on the floor and pick it up again when I want something - and even leaning it against something the bag part kind of just slides down because it's just material without a spine. Not massively keen on the ones with little half-height stands, but would consider it for a good price.

The Fader

Visit site
I'm after a pencil bag that actually has a stand on it, than costs less than £50. Doesn't sound like I'm asking for much, but you'd be surprised, as it turns out. I'm bidding on a nice looking Mizuno one on Ebay but I think the bids are going to go too high.

https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/golf-bags/bags-by-type/pencil-bags/ben-sayers-6-golf-pencil-stand-bag

These are the only options I've really found, I have to admit that £45 for that 'Longridge' bag even seems a bit steep to me. Anyone got a better option that I might not have seen? Narrower the better as it's just for driving range mainly so only needs 6-7 clubs capacity tops really.

The stand part is compulsory, my current pencil bag doesn't have one and it annoys me having to lay it down on the floor and pick it up again when I want something - and even leaning it against something the bag part kind of just slides down because it's just material without a spine. Not massively keen on the ones with little half-height stands, but would consider it for a good price.
Quite a few on Amazon that meet your price range of you aren't bothered about have a "name"

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quite a few on Amazon that meet your price range of you aren't bothered about have a "name"
Not massively bothered about the name, although I am wary of Amazon as I've been burned with cheap Chinese knock-offs before that didn't last 5 minutes. Will check there all the same.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Ping Moonlight bag is what you want. I've got two they are brilliant and well made.

These are a tenner over budget. But, if you check Facebook Marketplace you might find one cheaper. I think one of mine was about £35.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ping Moonlight bag is what you want. I've got two they are brilliant and well made.

These are a tenner over budget. But, if you check Facebook Marketplace you might find one cheaper. I think one of mine was about £35.

I'm not seeing a stand on those?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Slightly cheaper Longridge with a pocket
Or this on Amazon

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got this one and it's great, but £52.99.
Couldn't find it for the first post!
That looks rather decent, might go for that if I miss out on the eBay one. Cheers!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Not a recommendation for a bag but I tend to just carry mine in my hands if I'm just taking a half set to the range. Line them up on the partition when I get there and away we go!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a recommendation for a bag but I tend to just carry mine in my hands if I'm just taking a half set to the range. Line them up on the partition when I get there and away we go!
I tend to go with my wife so would be 6 or 7 clubs, plus on the very rare occasion she played during a trolley ban in winter it would be useable as she only has 8 clubs anyway.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got this one and it's great, but £52.99.
Couldn't find it for the first post!
This is the one I got. Used it for the first time last week when I went to the range with my wife. I have a question though - when carrying it by the single strap, how do you stop the whole thing sliding forward so all the clubs fall out?? The weight balance seems to be completely off.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is the one I got. Used it for the first time last week when I went to the range with my wife. I have a question though - when carrying it by the single strap, how do you stop the whole thing sliding forward so all the clubs fall out?? The weight balance seems to be completely off.
Put a brick in the bottom 😉👍

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Keep it tipped way back and put your arm around it.
Or keep hold of the top of a club while you're carrying it.

YandaB

Visit site
Is there a way to attach the bottom of the strap further up the bag?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there a way to attach the bottom of the strap further up the bag?
You can tighten it but it kind of just loosens itself so it makes no difference.

Keep it tipped way back and put your arm around it.
Or keep hold of the top of a club while you're carrying it.
Yeah I kind of had to hold onto the clubhead with one hand. Oh well, I might chuck something heavy-ish in the pocket and see if that helps. 😆 It was good otherwise, just the size I wanted and with a proper stand.

Also, of the 8 clubs I had in it, 6 were graphite-shafted, so that probably made the whole set-up more head-heavy than usual.