Darts

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The lad certainly has potential for great career.
But he should hire a personal trainer & dietitian.
And I’m not trying to be nasty saying that,but he loves his Kebabs & fizzy pop.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The lad certainly has potential for great career.
But he should hire a personal trainer & dietitian.
And I’m not trying to be nasty saying that,but he loves his Kebabs & fizzy pop.

Why? It's darts. He's not trying to complete the Tour de France or run 100m in 9.6 seconds. It's all about his technique and having an action that is repeatable under pressure and is nothing to do with fitness or being an athlete. This is in no way meant to belittle him as he has a talent in his chosen field that I could only dream of. He'd be far better off getting a coach to help him with the mental side of things rather than someone to put him on a diet and get on a treadmill.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Why? It's darts. He's not trying to complete the Tour de France or run 100m in 9.6 seconds. It's all about his technique and having an action that is repeatable under pressure and is nothing to do with fitness or being an athlete. This is in no way meant to belittle him as he has a talent in his chosen field that I could only dream of. He'd be far better off getting a coach to help him with the mental side of things rather than someone to put him on a diet and get on a treadmill.
Because that’s not a healthy weight for a 16yr old.
And I’m not trying to bodyshame him.
He’s talked about spending his money on kebabs,fizzy pop & vapes.
This might have been said tongue in cheek,but I doubt it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because that’s not a healthy weight for a 16yr old.
And I’m not trying to bodyshame him.
He’s talked about spending his money on kebabs,fizzy pop & vapes.
This might have been said tongue in cheek,but I doubt it.
Probably already on the lagers as well but has been advised not to admit his under-age drinking in the press. 😄

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I thought MVG was going to burst into tears when he lost 🤣
I know. he should be getting use to it now though. Definitely not the dominant force in the game he was and a number of really good players all vying to be #1 and then Littler coming along as something totally left field to really put the cat amongst the pigeons. I hope he's managed well and doesn't get burned out too soon and can focus on his darts and take the game forward. Will be great for viewing figures and arguably participation (that good old cliche - growing the game)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any watched how he throws the darts? It's like Bristow and Taylor. Sort of wraps his fingers around and launches them. I used to hold them like a pen. Not very consistent.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Class from Littler. Just the audacity to attempt a 50-25-50 check out (never mind hitting it) is a big part of why he’s attracting people to darts.
It's not that rare a finish - they go for 25-60-40, but if they hit the bull by mistake they have 25-50 to finish instead. Youtube has a compilation of 125 checkouts.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's not that rare a finish - they go for 25-60-40, but if they hit the bull by mistake they have 25-50 to finish instead. Youtube has a compilation of 125 checkouts.

Who mentioned rare? It’s the audacity/flare/showmanship I’m talking about. He often tries to leave himself 170 - just because. The crowd love to see it and he is capable of delivering. Great entertainer in addition to being a great talent.