Crossfield

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
He has made just shy of 400K $ from his youtube videos, thats ad payments from google.
Although he's been doing it for quite a while, still he seems to be doing well out of it.
Even Finch is looking to hire 2 people to work for him!

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Crossfield is a bit marmite but I watched the WITB video and reckon it could be interesting to see how it pans out. Whatever the likes of Crossfield, Finch, Shiels etc do I am eternally grateful to them for providing me with a free alternative to my wife's TV diet of George Clarke's Amazing Building sites or Escape to The Chateau with Tweedledum and Tweedledumpling.

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
Used to really enjoy his video lessons when he was at the Clifton Hills Driving Range, and the early vlogs before all his mates stopped playing with him, but gave up watching when the silliness took over. But I watched that Abu Dhabi vlog and loved it!!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Crossfield is a bit marmite but I watched the WITB video and reckon it could be interesting to see how it pans out. Whatever the likes of Crossfield, Finch, Shiels etc do I am eternally grateful to them for providing me with a free alternative to my wife's TV diet of George Clarke's Amazing Building sites or Escape to The Chateau with Tweedledum and Tweedledumpling.
Phew it’s not just me then!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been watching some of his course vlogs.
Thoroughly enjoying them and the chemistry between the guys.
Fantastic and very humorous entertainment.
It's a sort of Top Gear on a golf course.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The videos in recent weeks have got much better. I still find some of the "banter" on the course irritating but really like the stuff he's done about getting it round the course, long irons or hybrids, shaping shots etc

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
He's a complete marmite character but I've been watching his videos for years now and always check in on them as some are really informative. I can see past all the y'all and bruh patter which grates some but for me he's one of the better YouTube golf pros.

Anyone in the know about all his old mates that seemed to have ditched him or was it the other way around?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Anyone in the know about all his old mates that seemed to have ditched him or was it the other way around?
I'm intrigued about this too...

I'm not a huge fan of his stuff, but he really has done well for himself. Although I wouldn't fancy having a camera in my face for most of the day, he's got a pretty fun job, and one which I assume he is well paid for.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He's a complete marmite character but I've been watching his videos for years now and always check in on them as some are really informative. I can see past all the y'all and bruh patter which grates some but for me he's one of the better YouTube golf pros.

Didn't the like of Gorilla James and the others go off and do their own channels and content. I think it was case of him wanting to make Youtube the main source of income and drop the teaching (does he even still do lessons?). Lockey now does all of the camera work and editing and I thins Dan Hendrikson is there as they use his facilities to film

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Didn't the like of Gorilla James and the others go off and do their own channels and content. I think it was case of him wanting to make Youtube the main source of income and drop the teaching (does he even still do lessons?). Lockey now does all of the camera work and editing and I thins Dan Hendrikson is there as they use his facilities to film

I looked it up and he's made about $400k from YouTube.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Is this man still making videos?

Mans an absolute clown

An absolute clown who's probably clearing £5k to £10k most months from making videos.

You might not like his voice or style, but he is certainly not a clown.

Knows his stuff with regards to the swing and club fitting and has built a very successful brand / channel.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
So not a bad gig. Wonder how many lessons he'd have had to do in Exeter to earn that!!!

Thing is, now that he's got a reasonably high profile he probably doesn't do many lessons, or have to do them.

But can probably have half a dozen clients at top dollar. Apart from some of the coaching series he's done, he doesn't talk much about coaching in his videos any more - but I assume he still does this on a fairly regular basis. Especially as his YT earnings must be split in someway between Lockey and Dan, who help with a lot of content now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thing is, now that he's got a reasonably high profile he probably doesn't do many lessons, or have to do them.

But can probably have half a dozen clients at top dollar. Apart from some of the coaching series he's done, he doesn't talk much about coaching in his videos any more - but I assume he still does this on a fairly regular basis. Especially as his YT earnings must be split in someway between Lockey and Dan, who help with a lot of content now.
But I wonder if he gets a kickback from the travel company he uses and mentions in the videos for the free advertising as well. Do you think he gets anything from Titleist and now Srixon/Cleveland