Crossfield

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Youtube seems to be getting saturated with golf channels all trying to do a similar thing. I look at them this way. If you want serious, instruction based content them Me and my golf is the way to go. It then goes up the nutcase scale from Peter Finch, Rick Shiels, Crosffield, Golf Vlogs UK and goes off the scale with Top Bloke golf (makes me cringe that channel).

I always gravitate back to Crossfield as its a a good mix of serious stuff and off the wall, lads having a laugh sort of stuff. Just a lot of changes what with Rory going awol, Dan joining, Lester turning up then both leaving. Channel needs a bit of stability, maybe stick with him and Lockey and get guest's in for some of the course vlogs

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I had got bored with a lot of the Crossfields / Shiels / Finch blogs and had started watching Brodie Smith, GM Golf (and various spin off with Matt / Stephen), Erik Anders Lang etc., but with the exception of Brodie Smith (despite the shouty nature of his personality!) they didn't really hold my attention for that long.

I've started watching Crossfield again, but mostly just the vlogs, but to be honest I think if it wasn't for Lockey I mightn't even bother - out of all the guys Crossfield has had on Lockey is the most engaging character and most likely to make a success on his on although he appears unlikely to do so.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had got bored with a lot of the Crossfields / Shiels / Finch blogs and had started watching Brodie Smith, GM Golf (and various spin off with Matt / Stephen), Erik Anders Lang etc., but with the exception of Brodie Smith (despite the shouty nature of his personality!) they didn't really hold my attention for that long.

I've started watching Crossfield again, but mostly just the vlogs, but to be honest I think if it wasn't for Lockey I mightn't even bother - out of all the guys Crossfield has had on Lockey is the most engaging character and most likely to make a success on his on although he appears unlikely to do so.

100% agree with the bit in bold.
He's just hilarious, and more importantly, just natural.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Crossfields videos have got really boring lately. And he’s taken to putting clickbait titles on them. Have found myself watching less and less.

You guys know Dan has his own channel? He’s explained why they split and it was Dans decision. Wanted to do more on his own channel.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crossfields videos have got really boring lately. And he’s taken to putting clickbait titles on them. Have found myself watching less and less.

You guys know Dan has his own channel? He’s explained why they split and it was Dans decision. Wanted to do more on his own channel.

I looked for that but couldn't find it!
You you post a link, please?

D

Deleted member 25172

He’s said he’ll be collaborating with Alex Evans which should be a good watch.

Alex Evans is my favourite golf tuber by far, so that sounds promising! They don’t exactly live next door to each other, so will be interesting how that collaboration works out, unless we’re talking just like a one off video.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Alex Evans is my favourite golf tuber by far, so that sounds promising! They don’t exactly live next door to each other, so will be interesting how that collaboration works out, unless we’re talking just like a one off video.

Yeh, Alex is great. Funny and personable. Shame he only does one a week but I guess that shows how focused he is on getting on tour/playing the open.

Enjoyed this week’s q&a with Paul waring!

D

Deleted member 25172

Yeh, Alex is great. Funny and personable. Shame he only does one a week but I guess that shows how focused he is on getting on tour/playing the open.

Yeah watched that one yesterday and had a good chuckle fest throughout the whole video. They both seem to be the kind of guys you’d wanna grab a pint with.

Springveldt

Visit site

I've no idea why he only has about 4K subscribers and only gets about 3K views per video as they are excellent. You also get access to a guy who is ranked in the top 80 in the world and is very candid in front of the camera. I think his stuff is brilliant.

albie999

Visit site
Well there we go, he now has another subscriber .. so will see what I think of him. Any been listening to "The Combat Golfer" podcasts ..... quite light hearted and different