Tour Rookie
Visit site
His videos would be better with less Crossfield in them

I do enjoy his playing against pro course logs though

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
He's lost me for one.
I just find him annoying, his voice, his mannerisms and the way that, certainly on social media, if someone doesn't grasp the point he's trying to make he almost talks down to them and belittles them.
I haven't missed him..

Wolf

Visit site
Used to like when he stuck to reviews and talking about the improvements people can make. He started to think he was a real golf celeb and its like he with his friends is trying to be the new version of the "Golf Boys"

Now there is barely anything instructional just more look at me I'm a wanna celeb. Shiels has stuck to what he knows and what he knows people want factual based information and opinion.

Crosfield now is fast becoming an irritant on par with Thrush

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’d rather watch hours of Crossfield over watching Shiels any day. At least crossfield provides some good science behind his technical vids, especially the daily vlogs.

The travel vlogs are just 4 blokes having a chuckle on the golf course...i like Finch, but even his playing vlogs are meh.

Shiels being featured in US programs will have helped his subscriber count no end

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Of the 3 mainly talked about I think his content and ideas are far and away superior to shiels. If he didn’t “star” in them though it would be even better.

Shiels says the same thing on almost every review, he’s repeated content in regards to lessons too. Imo the major increase in his viewers is down to giveaways.

Finch I like, him fronting Crossfields shows would be the prefect mix for me.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I personally have never been impressed with Rick Shiels.

I do think Crossfield produces far too much content, but it is still well produced and he does try and make interesting videos. I also think his technical knowledge is better than other YouTubers I have seen.

The course Vlog stuff has been done to death a bit now. The videos are far too long, playing 18 holes. I can get into the odd one now and again, but in the main I am not going to spend 2.5 hours on them, unless I was definitely going to one of the venues.

In terms of course vlog he has been massively overtaken by other guys who give far better pictures of the venue and feel for the place. Both No Laying Up and Erik Anders Lang have excellent content out, currently it is all Scottish courses that they filmed during the summer.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I go through stages with Crossfield where I like him and then I don’t.

Currently in my dislike phase after I saw the video of him abusing Rory a few weeks back on the tee.

How Rory didn’t clout him, I never know.

Shiels seems a lovely chap and seems to be getting some bigger opportunities now, but I honestly can’t get my head around how cheesy he comes across.

Watch his Garmin video and try not to cringe :ROFLMAO:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do think honestly they’re all a bit rubbish. I only watch NLU & Eric Anderson Lang now, used to like Carter, but he has less content now.
Rick shields & Pete finch seem like nice fellas but are really a little bit wet, crossfield is a major knob.
He can be ok on his solo course vlogs but with his mates it’s painful to watch. The golf is rubbish & the bants is terrible, repetitive nonsense. He surrounds himself with sycophantic simpletons! Can’t believe people lap it up.

Me & a couple of fellas at my place would be loads funnier 🤣🤣 and there’s definitely some fellas on here who would make better viewing for differing reasons.

What they all do seems a bit old now imo