Young UK Golfers!!

MLWGolf

Visit site
I am a 20 year old guy from Scotland who loves golf.

Every year I go through the same routine of picking up my sticks as soon as the sunny weather knocks on the door. Back in school, none of my friends were too fussed about the sport. This meant a lot of the time I was playing by myself. No fun.
I would watch YouTube videos of American golfers, who were my age, but having a great time on the course. Matchplay, alternate shot, closest to the pin, whacky golf gear. It always had me thinking, why has this golfing mindset not caught on over here…yet.

This is why I created GenerationMulligan. Through this blog I am aiming to be the voice for young Uk golfers. I am trying to gain traction and spread my personal passion across the whole country.

If anyone’s interest I would be so grateful with any interactions with the Instagram page and the recently created website.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Just followed you on Insta buddy - but you might be better off creating another blogging platform called GeriatricMulligans for the clientele on here... :ROFLMAO:

Joking aside, best of luck, and I'll have a read through the blogs when you start producing them. (y)

RichA

Visit site
I don't do SM so can't assist with follows, sorry.
On the other side of things, I'm nowhere near you but plenty of us at our place are welcoming of golfers outside of our own age group. My little social group of 18 golfers includes a 16-year old student and a couple of 60-something retirees at the extremes. Ask around at your place - you might be surprised.
Good luck.

MLWGolf

Visit site
Just followed you on Insta buddy - but you might be better off creating another blogging platform called GeriatricMulligans for the clientele on here... :ROFLMAO:

Joking aside, best of luck, and I'll have a read through the blogs when you start producing them. (y)
Appreciate that a lot! I understand it might not be my target audience here hahaha, but the blog is also for everyone. I attempt to create attention on a changing environment. Hope you and the youth enjoy!

MLWGolf

Visit site
I don't do SM so can't assist with follows, sorry.
On the other side of things, I'm nowhere near you but plenty of us at our place are welcoming of golfers outside of our own age group. My little social group of 18 golfers includes a 16-year old student and a couple of 60-something retirees. Ask around at your place - you might be surprised.
Good luck.
Thanks,
Yeah my club too has always been great at welcoming juniors. However, I feel like the UK is maybe slightly stuck in its ways with certain aspects, such as dress code, competitions and even pricing...either way I've always felt a lack of attention towards golfers my age, but yes, not from everyone.

Surreyboy

Visit site
Always thought golf in US is very elitist. The kids who play are the ones who parents are members of country clubs.

We did golf at my school in P.E at 15/16 years old. Was just a normal state school. We got cheap membership at the local club and played loads.