Crossfield again

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I dont think he lost it, I think he had genuinely asked questions via e-mail and hadn't received any response or any response that was satisfactory yet they were contacting him to get an interview when they hadn't bothered to answer his questions. Typical journalists in all honesty, I wouldn't have entertained them either
So why not ignore them then or just say that he was declining to comment? And I think he lost it and looks very childish on the video.

I'm not silly enough to pretend that we don't all lose our rag from time to time, and as a result probably behave in ways that do not sound or look good. But the fact that he recorded it, edited it, and then put it online is bizarre. As someone else above said, it looks more like the Mail edited it and released it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The long and short is he put up a poorly worded poll on twit, presented in such a way as to fit a predetermined agenda (that some folk believe women and seniors are part of the slow play problem)

He doesn’t believe that (he makes that clear in the subsequent vid) but by giving only four pre-defined options, two of which are women and seniors, he’s already influencing/manipulating the poll responses/results

For someone who makes his living in the media profession this was a boo-boo because it actual came across as it was his belief these four things were the primary cause of slow play

When he then got flack for ‘suggesting’ women and old folk were the problem and other media wanted to do a piece on it, he took umbrage at this and blamed others for missing his point (when it was always his responsibility to make sure his point was not misunderstood)
So he went on the attack as the best defense, seeking inclusion of the subsequent vid in the article the Mail wanted to do (however to the Mail it would simply have looked like he was attempting to dig himself out of a sexist/ageist hole he’d dug for himself with a 'get out of jail' recovery vid)

His arrogance, or bloody-mindedness, then meant he couldn’t handle the media enquiry correctly when actually the whole problem was that he was just naive/not skilled enough to word the poll correctly in the first place

jpjeffery

Assistant Pro
learnergolfer.wordpress.com
The long and short is he put up a poorly worded poll on twit, presented in such a way as to fit a predetermined agenda (that some folk believe women and seniors are part of the slow play problem)

He doesn’t believe that (he makes that clear in the subsequent vid) but by giving only four pre-defined options, two of which are women and seniors, he’s already influencing/manipulating the poll responses/results

For someone who makes his living in the media profession this was a boo-boo because it actual came across as it was his belief these four things were the primary cause of slow play

When he then got flack for ‘suggesting’ women and old folk were the problem and other media wanted to do a piece on it, he took umbrage at this and blamed others for missing his point (when it was always his responsibility to make sure his point was not misunderstood)
So he went on the attack as the best defense, seeking inclusion of the subsequent vid in the article the Mail wanted to do (however to the Mail it would simply have looked like he was attempting to dig himself out of a sexist/ageist hole he’d dug for himself with a 'get out of jail' recovery vid)

His arrogance, or bloody-mindedness, then meant he couldn’t handle the media enquiry correctly when actually the whole problem was that he was just naive/not skilled enough to word the poll correctly in the first place
Spot on, mate. I could see what he was trying to do, but he just can't see anything wrong with how he did it (or anything else).

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Do you really think this??? Always looks to have a good swing and skills to me. Just not very long.
There are lots of club pro's that don't hit it 260-270 carry that he does, that's enough to sneak a few past 300 total pretty regular. His short game is poor but tbf he is not trying to get on tour, he teaches and vlogs having fun with mates.