Crossfield again

User20204

Visit site
You don’t have to be happy when playing badly,but you don’t have to be a stroppy prick.

TBH, he seemed no worse than one of my PP's today, threw a club at least 4 times today, I didn't think he was a stroppy prick, he just wasn't playing well, no big deal, no one else thought he was being a stroppy prick either.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
TBH, he seemed no worse than one of my PP's today, threw a club at least 4 times today, I didn't think he was a stroppy prick, he just wasn't playing well, no big deal, no one else thought he was being a stroppy prick either.

Not to worry mate.
If one of my playing partners started throwing his clubs we’d rip him for being a stroppy prick😆

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Be interesting to see what happens if he does lose the deal with YGT. The majority of vids on his channel recently are vlogs from overseas courses. I thought YGT are running a masters trip next year with him thoigh;?

D

Deleted member 18121

I assumed the latest video of him and Dan was due to the exclusivity of the round they were being given, hence why coach wasn't there either.

For what its worth I download and watch all of crossfields content on my commute, I largely enjoy all his stuff but on occasions do find him petulant and get the feeling that his PPs have to massage his ego to stop him fully exploding.

I do still watch the finch and shiels videos....but I find their "nicely nicely" approach very off putting.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I assumed the latest video of him and Dan was due to the exclusivity of the round they were being given, hence why coach wasn't there either.

For what its worth I download and watch all of crossfields content on my commute, I largely enjoy all his stuff but on occasions do find him petulant and get the feeling that his PPs have to massage his ego to stop him fully exploding.

I do still watch the finch and shiels videos....but I find their "nicely nicely" approach very off putting.

So sickly sweet those two, can't watch them. Don't mind MC though.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly golf on youtube has pretty much proved the same disappointment as in other areas. Everyone starts out with a promise of honest reviews, telling it how it is free from any perceived obligations brought about by paid advertising. Then the subscriber numbers get up, the person feels that they have now become a bit of a celebrity and believes that youtube should be able to give them a living. The companies then see the opportunity and get their claws out, free gear, trips, giveaways etc come rolling in and then sponsorship of the channel comes about and now the previously independent youtube creator relies on sponsorship money, patreon etc for their living and that impartiality goes out the window. Suddenly all gear is at least decent and the content becomes more like a paid advert, vlogs become more about self promotion and personality than the actual course.

A cynical view I know but one that happens in all areas of youtube.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Sadly golf on youtube has pretty much proved the same disappointment as in other areas. Everyone starts out with a promise of honest reviews, telling it how it is free from any perceived obligations brought about by paid advertising. Then the subscriber numbers get up, the person feels that they have now become a bit of a celebrity and believes that youtube should be able to give them a living. The companies then see the opportunity and get their claws out, free gear, trips, giveaways etc come rolling in and then sponsorship of the channel comes about and now the previously independent youtube creator relies on sponsorship money, patreon etc for their living and that impartiality goes out the window. Suddenly all gear is at least decent and the content becomes more like a paid advert, vlogs become more about self promotion and personality than the actual course.

A cynical view I know but one that happens in all areas of youtube.

Very true, maybe I should start one about playing with vintage clubs, no equipment sponsors would come near it!