Cross-border co-operation at last

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Following development by the Golf Unions, it is now possible to access the handicap index of players in Scotland, from England, Wales and Ireland. In addition, it is now possible to send scores back to Scotland, to be added to these player's handicap records (WHS Editions, England, Wales and Ireland only).

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Following development by the Golf Unions, it is now possible to access the handicap index of players in Scotland, from England, Wales and Ireland. In addition, it is now possible to send scores back to Scotland, to be added to these player's handicap records (WHS Editions, England, Wales and Ireland only).

So sending scores TO Scotland is OK but English players playing in comps in Scotland are still left at the mercy of their handicap secretaries having a clue what they are doing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played an open in Scotland today. They very conveniently printed out the cards this morning with our handicaps on. Mine and my pp, also plays in England, were out of date ☹. They were accurate on Sunday, changed overnight for Monday morning.

Whatever chatting the systems are doing, it's by snail mail.

IanMcC

Visit site
Still cannot search by name for an English or Scottish CDH number from Wales Golf Clubhouse, so absolutely no steps forward here regarding checking handicaps for Open Comps etc.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
From Tuesday 13 June golfers will be able to add general play scores from any affiliated golf courses in Ireland, Scotland, and Wales – in addition to courses in England – as a result of new interoperability software which is being installed.

wjemather

Visit site
I played over the border in England on Saturday and I was handed a card with my up to date (Welsh, isnt it, look you!) handicap on it.

Something has been upgraded
This has been possible through ISVs and EG's WHS admin platform for months.