Crazy few weeks of golf.

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
I'll apologise now as i'm about to blow my own trumpet...:rolleyes:

Started to get back into golf towards the end of last year, joined Thetford golf club and got my 3 cards in which resulted in a new handicap of 16, which i thought would be a good starting point. Anyway, first few comps didn't go as planned, off the top of my head there were scores of 90 and 97 and a couple of NR's, the only highlight being a 4th place finish in a medal. Handicap remained at 16.

In June I took the plunge and ordered a load of new gear, irons, wedges, 3 wood, electric trolley etc and lessons were ongoing, the biggest surprise was the trolley, i've always carried my bag but the trolley has definitely helped with fatigue towards the end of the round.

About 4/5 weeks ago I played in a board comp and shot a nett 65 and won it (css is usually 73 sometimes 74) this resulted in a cut to 14. Following week another board comp, 36 hole event, in the AM i finished with a nett 67, and the PM a nett 70, I won the best overall nett prize and another cut plus ESR to 10.

Then came back after a week away, played a few holes here and there and all was well. Wednesday just gone was the midweek medal, shot a gross 76, my lowest ever round, won the comp, and now according to HDID another cut and ESR and it now shows my handicap as 6.3 (haven't been to the club to confirm it yet, don't know how reliable HDID is?) Seems i've found some form, 16 to 6 and 3 comp wins in a row in about 4/5 weeks, bit crazy but the bar card has been nicely topped up!

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well played sir, HDID is updated from your club I would've thought, performance cut I'd imagine in also. Again well played

MizunoMike

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'll apologise now as i'm about to blow my own trumpet...:rolleyes:

Started to get back into golf towards the end of last year, joined Thetford golf club and got my 3 cards in which resulted in a new handicap of 16, which i thought would be a good starting point. Anyway, first few comps didn't go as planned, off the top of my head there were scores of 90 and 97 and a couple of NR's, the only highlight being a 4th place finish in a medal. Handicap remained at 16.

In June I took the plunge and ordered a load of new gear, irons, wedges, 3 wood, electric trolley etc and lessons were ongoing, the biggest surprise was the trolley, i've always carried my bag but the trolley has definitely helped with fatigue towards the end of the round.

About 4/5 weeks ago I played in a board comp and shot a nett 65 and won it (css is usually 73 sometimes 74) this resulted in a cut to 14. Following week another board comp, 36 hole event, in the AM i finished with a nett 67, and the PM a nett 70, I won the best overall nett prize and another cut plus ESR to 10.

Then came back after a week away, played a few holes here and there and all was well. Wednesday just gone was the midweek medal, shot a gross 76, my lowest ever round, won the comp, and now according to HDID another cut and ESR and it now shows my handicap as 6.3 (haven't been to the club to confirm it yet, don't know how reliable HDID is?) Seems i've found some form, 16 to 6 and 3 comp wins in a row in about 4/5 weeks, bit crazy but the bar card has been nicely topped up!

Well done.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
looks right, completion cut to 8.3 then an ESR of 2 for 2 rounds in the space of 4, where you had an average of 5.5 under CSS.

A great run you are on.

D

Deleted member 17920

Wow that is some change in a year. At the rate you are going do you think this time next year we will see you off +4 :D Amazing run and well done.

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks all!

Darth- I got down to 9 about 5/6 years ago at a different course, a lot shorter too, and to be honest i struggled to play to it round there, don't remember ever breaking 80 there. Few job changes/house purchase and golf got faded out, I guess it was just a case of finding it again.

Justified my spending at least!

MizunoMike

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thanks all!

Darth- I got down to 9 about 5/6 years ago at a different course, a lot shorter too, and to be honest i struggled to play to it round there, don't remember ever breaking 80 there. Few job changes/house purchase and golf got faded out, I guess it was just a case of finding it again.

Justified my spending at least!

Another player in the Mizuno Stable I see, have you seen the new range of woods that are about to hit the market.

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Oh yes! The JPX-EZ? I have seen pics, not sure what to make of them. The MP-4 blades however, look amazing.

Would be interested to see MP650 replacements, they must be due soon.

My JPX irons replaced my PRO II irons, had them for about 10 years and being forged they are now battered! Had a 2 iron in those too, the feeling of hitting that out the middle is both rare and hugely satisfying!