Courses in the Huddersfield area

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all. Looking at broadening my gold experience by playing new courses. Usuall play Bradley Park and Willow Valley.

Any of you guys recommend any other courses in the area that arent too brutal on the pocket?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dewsbury and District.

A couple of hills to go up/down but some stunning views over Mirfield, Huddersfield and the surrounding areas. Used to live next to the course as a nipper and my dad was a member there for years. Not played there myself for around 5/6 years but would not hesitate to go back there.

WildWalkers

Visit site
I have played a few around Huddersfield and would agree that Dewsbury is a nice course but be ready to walk up some hills.

I would recommend playing Woodsmen Hall and Huddersfield (Fixby) with a member I believe it is £20 a round.

Also Meltham usually have a twilight rate at a good price.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have played a few around Huddersfield and would agree that Dewsbury is a nice course but be ready to walk up some hills.

I would recommend playing Woodsmen Hall and Huddersfield (Fixby) with a member I believe it is £20 a round.

Also Meltham usually have a twilight rate at a good price.

Did you mean Woodsome Hall?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crosland Heath is a nice track with great views. Although high up it is not hilly.

Last edited:

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Dewsbury and District.

A couple of hills to go up/down but some stunning views over Mirfield, Huddersfield and the surrounding areas. Used to live next to the course as a nipper and my dad was a member there for years. Not played there myself for around 5/6 years but would not hesitate to go back there.

My uncle is a member at Dewsbury (providing he decided to renew it) but never really thought about trying it. Accroding to him it has had a fair few drainaige probs recently due to the old mine shafts the course is built on flooding.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at playing Willow Valley at the weekend - anyone know how it copes with wet weather. Chucking it down at the moment and wondered how it will be at the weekend? Looks like dry weather from tonight until Sunday so may dry out if it drains well.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at playing Willow Valley at the weekend - anyone know how it copes with wet weather. Chucking it down at the moment and wondered how it will be at the weekend? Looks like dry weather from tonight until Sunday so may dry out if it drains well.
It doesn't cope well in the wet I am afraid. Quite a tough course, a fair amount of water, long distances between greens and the next tee. An enjoyable course but one for the summer in my experience.