Courses around Shannon. Question for the Irish Lads

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Have the opportunity of piggybacking onto a society tour next June and would like your opinions of the course selection.
Not been to that area, so any observations welcome

Courses are
- Shannon Gc
– Galway Bay Golf & country club (Links course)
– Dromoland Golf and Country Club
– Killrush Gc

Thanks in advance

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have the opportunity of piggybacking onto a society tour next June and would like your opinions of the course selection.
Not been to that area, so any observations welcome

Courses are
- Shannon Gc
– Galway Bay Golf & country club (Links course)
– Dromoland Golf and Country Club
– Killrush Gc

Thanks in advance

If your staying in that area you've got to play Tralee, Lahinch etc , I'm playing Lahinch in 2 weeks plus Galway GC so i'll let you no how i get on

t_osulliv

Hacker
Visit site
Hi Phil I'm from that part of the world and if ur only choosing from the courses listed then it should really only be between galway and dromoland. My personal Choice would be dromoland it's a fantastic course and great scenery to boot. Casletroy and Ballyneety in Limerick city are another couple worth a look too.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Hi Phil I'm from that part of the world and if ur only choosing from the courses listed then it should really only be between galway and dromoland. My personal Choice would be dromoland it's a fantastic course and great scenery to boot. Casletroy and Ballyneety in Limerick city are another couple worth a look too.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, we are playing all of the courses I mentioned, I just wanted to know if it was a decent mix of courses , if there were any courses that are "below par".

Staying at The Old Ground Hotel.

Basically checking that's it's worth going, glad that at least 2 of the courses sound very good.
Thanks for your help

t_osulliv

Hacker
Visit site
Well if that's the case and as the man says if the price is right jump on it I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Dromoland, galway bay and Shannon are all in the top 100 courses in Ireland list. And you have a good base there in ennis with the two furthest away courses kilrush and galway not much more than a half hour away. Plus if you fancy a gander the POTUS's doonbeg is only about 15 mins up the road from kilrush.