Great winter courses within 100 miles of the midlands

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah it was on there about a month ago but I guess being announced for an upcoming open may have meant they’ve reconsidered it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Worksop GC or it's much cheaper neighbour College Pines play great in the winter.

Worksop deffo, straight up the M1 to junction 31, but you would drive past Lindricks entrance off the A57. A fellow Ryder cup venue like the Belfrey. Drains well. But College pines would be bang average if driving over an hour.

D

Deleted member 21258

The green fees seem to have increased massively at RL, think it was around or under £180 a couple of years ago in summer, for next year £220. Almost Ireland or Muirfield pricing, golf at the open/top venues is getting beyond mental :cry:

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Defo one for Wollaton. Played it twice in atrocious conditons and it played very well both times. Odd driving off with 50 deer on the fairway. Happen they felt safer there when they saw me teeing up.
Live two miles from sherwood and yes it drains well, but the course was temp greens for 16 holes as they were protecting the greens for the weekend. Shame they never said that when we booked it

The deer that roam the course at Wollaton Park are both a blessing and a curse. Rutting stags destroyed half of our 11th green at the weekend, looks like we will be on a temp all winter.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The deer that roam the course at Wollaton Park are both a blessing and a curse. Rutting stags destroyed half of our 11th green at the weekend, looks like we will be on a temp all winter.
Was out on the course one day at the furthest point from the clubhouse in the worst thunder and lightning I have ever seen. Anyway we got to the par 3 uphill. ? 17th and there must of been about 50 deer hanging around the green, walking across it, stood in bunkers. Just not bothered about moving. We were stood there 10 mins not knowing what to do not being regulars. One of the locals shouted across to just play your tee shots they will disappear when you walk up. They did. Seen there hoof prints on the greens, they make a mess.

Last edited:

MentallyOverPar

Visit site
Alas was pretty muddy today with tees and greens soft and flooding in places

Cheers for the heads up...

Another option is the Belfry is offering a winter membership until the end of March for 239 (Derby Only - Monday to Friday) I could probably make that back in green fees during December but still have it as an option if I can move meetings around early next year.

Its not the best course in the world but I have played all of the courses at the Belfry in all seasons and its been as looked after as the other two... would be a way to keep playing and they run comps right through too.

Last edited: