Course recommendations Shawlands

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Morning all,

I've visiting a friend in the Shawlands area of Glasgow this weekend and 3 of us have floated the idea of a round on Sunday. Looking for recommendations for a cheap, fun knock close by. Even a muni would do.

Anyone know any courses in the area?

Many thanks

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd check out teeofftimes website and see what you can get. You should get on a good members' course in the afternoon relatively cheaply. Muni courses in/around Glasgow aren't great.

Links in Ayrshire if you want to maximise the likelihood of dry-ish fairways.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Cowglen, Haggs Castle (may struggle for a visitor tee time Sunday morning) Fereneze,

Any municipal course in Glasgow would require a stab vest!!!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Morning all,

I've visiting a friend in the Shawlands area of Glasgow this weekend and 3 of us have floated the idea of a round on Sunday. Looking for recommendations for a cheap, fun knock close by. Even a muni would do.

Anyone know any courses in the area?

Many thanks

East Renfrewshire is just a few junctions down the motorway. I live just past Shawlands and it is 11 minutes in the car.

I've played at Cowglen and in my opinion East Ren is far more enjoyable.

I would be happy to get you on, but I've got plans on Sunday unfortunately.

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
I would second East Ren, if you want to go a little further, Loudoun Gowf Club at Galston is decent, pretty flat and not as far as the rest of the Ayrshire courses.

If you want a public course Rouken Glen may be an option (now run by David Lloyd) as the Glasgow Public Courses aren't in great condition as they have just hollow tined all of the Greens they hire the machinery for a week and do all 5 courses whether they need done or not :eek:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I forgot about Rouken Glen.

Not sure what the condition is like right enough but it had/has a few decent holes. Not sure if Lloyd has made any changes or put any investment into the course.

Cathcart Castle.
Whitecraigs
Williamwood
Cowglen
Fereneze

East Renfrewshire is further out as is Eastwood. Both of them are very good.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I forgot about Rouken Glen.

Not sure what the condition is like right enough but it had/has a few decent holes. Not sure if Lloyd has made any changes or put any investment into the course.

Cathcart Castle.
Whitecraigs
Williamwood
Cowglen
Fereneze

East Renfrewshire is further out as is Eastwood. Both of them are very good.

Maybe add Bonnyton (outside Eaglesham) as a further option,