Course recommendations - Staffordshire

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Now then one and all.

4 of us are travelling down from the Fylde on Sunday to play Beau Desert on the Monday and are looking for somewhere more local to play on the Sunday afternoon.

Budget is probably about 75 quid per person and we're staying in Gailey.l on the Sunday night.

Any recommendations welcome - it's in unchartered territory for us stoic Northerners.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You’re basically staying 5-10 mins north of Wolverhampton and so would highly recommend playing south Staffordshire if you can. I was a member there until I moved, lovely course and would be in budget.

Little Aston is also not far away, never played it but heard very good things. Quite exclusive. Would be touch and go for your budget.

Enville is a bit further, maybe 30 mins but is a top notch course similar to beau desert. Top end of your budget.

Finally, Perton is maybe 25 mins away, decent course, not in the same class as the above ones, but still decent if you’re looking for a budget friendly option.

D

Deleted member 31467

Trentham near Stoke on Trent is £105 on a Sunday pm according to the website but it is an open qualifying course so in theory should be half decent.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations guys, had a look at a few of them and the more exclusive clubs didn't allow visitors at a weekend and the ones that did were booked up.

In typical fashion in these recommendation requests we ignored them all and my mate ended up booking at The Astbury - not my choice but I was fed up of the to-ing and fro-ing in the group.

From what I've seen it's a fairly open course that needs time to mature but is in good condition so on paper should be a good warm up before beau desert on Monday. 25 quid as well which helps.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The astbury’s decent, Darren Clarke used to be affiliated with it and it was owned by the chap out of Judas Priest until a few years ago. And it’s where the twins out of ‘me and my golf’ were based for a few years. You’ll enjoy it anyway. It’s in the middle of nowhere so Bridgnorth is a good place to go if you want food and a few beers.

simsini

Visit site
Now then one and all.

4 of us are travelling down from the Fylde on Sunday to play Beau Desert on the Monday and are looking for somewhere more local to play on the Sunday afternoon.

Budget is probably about 75 quid per person and we're staying in Gailey.l on the Sunday night.

Any recommendations welcome - it's in unchartered territory for us stoic Northerners.
Any of you happen to work for JCB in any capacity? :ROFLMAO: