Football away days and golf

sjw

Visit site
Okay, I have to pay £22 up front so please confirm that you're definite.
I have to enter your name as well so if you can let me have that too please, by pm is fine if you prefer.

Have PMed you. I'm assuming based on the Where Do You Play thread that it's Kilworth Springs

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Yes, count me in.
It will be 5 weeks and two days since I struck a ball. That was only nine holes.
So naturally, I will bring some very-difficult-to-play-with clubs.
And the yellow Slazenger bag and Bronty Dingo putter for you. :)

sjw

Visit site
Really looking forward to this! Is there food available at the clubhouse/is it any good? That would be super convenient

sjw

Visit site
Looks like its going to be loads of fun in these winds. :D
I did think it looked a bit windy on the forecast and it's blowing a gale here in Cambridge at the moment! Flippin well hurt my hand at the range yesterday as well so I've been resting that today :rolleyes: Oh the joys!! 😂

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Hope you had a great day @sjw.
Weather was just doable for the round. Just got the gear in the boot before the heavens opened.
And that very late equaliser just getting you second place back.
Great performance by the Ipswich keeper throughout the game.

sjw

Visit site
Hope you had a great day @sjw.
Weather was just doable for the round. Just got the gear in the boot before the heavens opened.
And that very late equaliser just getting you second place back.
Great performance by the Ipswich keeper throughout the game.
Best day I've had in a while, mate.

Yes our keeper was exceptional and he kept us in it in that first half, and with that last 20 minutes I thought, "we're going to get something from this." We had to take the game to Leicester rather than letting them play, and that's what we did. Very reminiscent of the boxing day game at our place.

I bruised a knuckle around the 6th hole, no idea how, so now I've got two injured hands; I've got a lump on my leg where I smashed it on the seat in front when we scored; my feet and legs are aching like crazy, especially the left one where a previous ache has re-emerged (that was around the 3rd hole); and I've only got half a voice. All in all a successful day!