Coping with Self-Isolation

Wolf

Visit site
the Helmand locals are probably a lot friendlier and better looking too!
Definitely less chance of getting shot or stabbed ?
As for looks you maybe be right there to mind you Mrs Wolf does have another very attractive female cousin, but is always single... Must be a typical Thornton heath psycho ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I run a small business, it is mine and my wifes. We have had to close for 1 or 2 days previously due to snow but no more than that. If I am not in, if we can not open, if we can not ship out then we would be in major, major trouble. I would work a way around it where possible as no business = no income.

In terms of how would I cope with 2 weeks off in theory, no problem.

Very important people don't go into panic mode right now. Don't forget, if you are fit and healthy you will likely brush this off. Not long until the weather warms off and viruses tend to disappear anyway.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Solo holiday to the galas i believe got engaged whilst she was there so her and the fiance are now in isolation but so is her mum as a result of living with her
Oh bless ya, it's difficult to say what you would and wouldn't do, but like I mentioned I have a few things bought today should the situation arise. Still got 3 boxes of masks in the garage front the SARS episode. ?
Sent a message to a pal who lives between Milan and Como. He says all is well. his son is gutted because the pub had to shut early due to the isolation lock down. ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Cool, here's murph after his two weeks:

View attachment 29250

But just in case you were joking about it being fine to joke

I assume your brother is already taking this as seriously as he needs and given the work roles his family have he has already started his isolation before returning home? Or does he plan to carry on living it up on the slopes with them and just worry about it when he hits the tarmac at gatwick?

I have no idea what he is going to do or whether he has been advised to do anything. I will ask him. He is on holiday with a group of mates - his wife and daughter are at home. BTW - Aberdeen and Glasgow have airports from which you can fly to Italy :)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree wholeheartedly with that we have to go visit now and again im surprised my car still has windows and wheels. I've felt safer patrolling through Helmand on foot...
Thornton Heath is nothing compared to Angel Town, the North Peckham Estate or the Stockwell Park Estate of the 80's/90's. Even now whats left of them isn't that pleasant still;).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I run a small business, it is mine and my wifes. We have had to close for 1 or 2 days previously due to snow but no more than that. If I am not in, if we can not open, if we can not ship out then we would be in major, major trouble. I would work a way around it where possible as no business = no income.

In terms of how would I cope with 2 weeks off in theory, no problem.

Very important people don't go into panic mode right now. Don't forget, if you are fit and healthy you will likely brush this off. Not long until the weather warms off and viruses tend to disappear anyway.

Indeed - but if you are infected you might pass it on to one less fit and healthy. And that's what my brother, my Sis-in-Law and niece have to consider.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
We have been cut off by snow several times since we moved to current house. Quite enjoyed it as long as there is food in! Can still work as long as internet is working. All contacts use Skype/MS Teams and all docs in the Cloud, so it's actually more convenient than commuting!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We have been cut off by snow several times since we moved to current house. Quite enjoyed it as long as there is food in! Can still work as long as internet is working. All contacts use Skype/MS Teams and all docs in the Cloud, so it's actually more convenient than commuting!
are you stock-piling food then :) And would you stop anyone coming to your house and meeting up with you?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Would relish in my own company binge watching tv and eating crap tv. I’ve considered getting a quick cheap return to China for a paid two week holiday laying in bed. I’ve always enjoyed being alone though.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Matt Hancock telling us today that self-isolation means no contact with anybody.

As I work from home I'd be OK on the work front. But will my Mrs be advised to not travel in to Waterloo and by Underground for her work...and as she is essentially on a zero hours contract - though notionally two days a week - if her work tells her to not come in will they keep paying her for the two days? And could really knacker my son's income if nightclubs and venues cancel events...worrying.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Is that not self explanatory? I suppose he does have to explain it but even so........

Well you'd imagine so - but see the experience of the caller to LBC - a central heating service engineer who - called out to service a boiler - mentioned to his customer (who had been out of the country) jokingly that it was just as well she hadn't been in China. Well she hadn't - she was just back from Hong Kong and was self-isolating. Doh!

U

User62651

Guess if someone is infected at an airport then chances of spread are very high, for example those trays you put electronics etc through the scanner get touched by dozens every hour, they don't get cleaned.

Although most will brush it off, that's not a reason to be nonchalent, it is killing a good number of people.

As a type 1 diabetic (albeit I'm pretty healthy) corona virus does bother me a little bit as apparently my immune system isn't quite as robust as others to fight it.

You imagine it will become a pandemic as despite best intentions from most countries we know what an awful lot of people are like - self important - 'I've got to be at that meeting' or 'I have to fly to trans Atlantic tomorrow', people don't think of others when they have an illness that they can cope with, their to do list is always more important.

2 weeks isolation wouldn't bother me, read books, learn a new language, films, play musical instruments etc, I have had a few surgeries in recent years with 2 week recovery periods at home - time always flies in. If you are really sick then I guess you'll be relocated to hospital.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Reading a BBC article yesterday which someone gave a link to the National geographical mag. They have done an excellent write up on the Corona/ Covid 19 virus. In it they talk about how it affects the system, how it is passed. A very good read indeed.