Complimentary free shot.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Eh, what's that all about. Talking to a guy who played in a mixed doubles round yesterday. The women get a complimentary free shot. How's that work. Guy was saying that usually the guys get the complimentary free shot but this time it was given to the women.
Anyone heard about this before and what's the idea behind it

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Common at our place when we have friendly matches against ladies - or in some friendly inter-club comps when a complimentary shot is given to the visiting team. Sometimes it can be given in the form of a 'mulligan'

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Once upon a time there were such shots, then with the current SSS ratings you just use them to calculate any adjustments according to tees used etc.
If it's stableford you need to take par into account according well...

But sadly many find it all to difficult to do properly and just resort to allocating shots on some weird basis, and miss name them.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In my experience (and it's only of matchplay) handicaps are used to calculate shots in the normal way and then the ladies or visiting men are given an additional complementary shot.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The correct adjustment if ladies are playing in the same game as men is to give the appropriate player Course Adjustment Shots. These are based upon what each player needs to shoot to score the same number of stableford points if playing to their handicap based upon the SSS for each tee.

Where I play if the men are playing off the whites the ladies get 3 shots added to their handicap and if they are playing off yellows the ladies get 5 shots added to their handicaps. Ladies playing to handicap off red tees score 34 points, men off whites 37 points and off yellows 39 points.