Competition Format Mixed Foursomes Matchplay

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Event Format is as follows, what I don't understand is the highlighted statement.
  • The event is a Mixed Foursomes Matchplay competition
  • The Handicap Index limits are Men 28 & Ladies 36
  • The Handicap allowance is the total of half the combined handicaps of the team plus 0.9 extra shots (WHS adjustment for Ladies playing off the red tees)
  • The White Course Handicap is to be applied and the Men’s White stroke index is to be used
  • Men Play off the White tees and Ladies play off the Red Tees
Can anyone help?

Neeko1988

Visit site
You have your handicap index and then a course handicap for the course your playing. In this instance you are to use the course handicap for the white tees.

In foursomes it’s usually your both handicaps added up and halved I believe

Kennysarmy

Visit site
You have your handicap index and then a course handicap for the course your playing. In this instance you are to use the course handicap for the white tees.

In foursomes it’s usually your both handicaps added up and halved I believe

So the ladies work out their course handicap based on the the white tees course rating?

Neeko1988

Visit site
It’s a little confusing as it’s states 0.9 shots to be added due to women off the reds. Would be one to ask your club I think

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The ladies get shots added or taken away according to the difference between the men's white course rating and the ladies red course rating. This difference is + 0.9 for this comp.

See Guidance on the Rules of Handicapping page 42

Ladies work out their CH from the reds and men from the whites

Playing Handicaps for each side in Foursomes are 50% of the combined Course Handicaps of the two players concerned. If multiple tees are in use, then an adjustment for any difference in the CR or Par is required.
The first step is to calculate the allowance as 50% of the combined Course Handicaps and then to apply any adjustments. To achieve equity any adjustment is half the combined adjustments for each side.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Updated rules sent out!!!

I mustn't have been the only one confused!

Playing Handicap is half the Combined Course handicap plus 0.9 extra shots (WHS adjustment for Ladies playing off the red tees).

White stroke index to be used.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
These are our published rules:

Use the stroke indexes for the white course.
Team playing handicap is 50% of the combined course handicaps. Ladies receive an additional 2 strokes added to course handicap.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When they set up this summers mixed foursomes knockout at our place, the IG settings did not take take into account the handicap adjustment for the ladies or the handicap limits calculated.

Now we are only giving 18 shots in the first round rather than 20.???

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
When they set up this summers mixed foursomes knockout at our place, the IG settings did not take take into account the handicap adjustment for the ladies or the handicap limits calculated.

Now we are only giving 18 shots in the first round rather than 20.???

Surely they should be corrected on IG.

We have maximum CH limits on ours.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Event Format is as follows, what I don't understand is the highlighted statement.
  • The event is a Mixed Foursomes Matchplay competition
  • The Handicap Index limits are Men 28 & Ladies 36
  • The Handicap allowance is the total of half the combined handicaps of the team plus 0.9 extra shots (WHS adjustment for Ladies playing off the red tees)
  • The White Course Handicap is to be applied and the Men’s White stroke index is to be used
  • Men Play off the White tees and Ladies play off the Red Tees
Can anyone help?

The White Course Handicap is to be applied
The Handicap allowance is the total of half the combined handicaps of the team plus 0.9 extra shots (WHS adjustment for Ladies playing off the red tees)
Men Play off the White tees and Ladies play off the Red Tees

Surely the 1st statement contradicts the intent of the last two.
The players correct handicaps (CH & PH) should be calculated according to Rule 6.2a and 6.2b(i), ie based on the tees they will play from. That is where the 0.9 comes from. I assume that is the difference between the red and white CRs.