Competition costs / prizes

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ours are £4 then £1 for the 2's. Most folk just pay the fiver. The prize money is fairly poor though, we have 1st,2nd and 3rd in each division and the winner of each will get maybe £25-30.
The 2's are rubbish though, CAT 1 guys play at a specified hole each medal to try and give them a decent return as there were so many of them having 2's each week they were only getting about the same back as they paid.

BomberSRL

Head Pro
Visit site
£5 for ours with pretty healthy prizes for an average signup of 65 people. 2's money included. Normally £70 for first £45 for second £25 for third. 2's money normally comes in at £15 - £20.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You should get paid for wining your division mate so yes I would check :)

I spoke to them yesterday. They do not pay out for div 2. I believe they did in the past but entrants are down this year, club went in administration last year and lost members before re-opening, and so they felt the pot was not large enough to spread over divisions. The top 3 get paid out, whatever their category. No argument from me. If the numbers go up next year maybe it will change but for the moment that is how it is.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Pretty sure most clubs take a percentage from the pot to pay for the pro being there and taking the money, being grumpy and overcharging you for KIT!

£3.50 entry and £1.50 for 2's at my new club in the Midlands. pro shop account only tho.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our club comps are £3 entry 3 prizes per division and 3 divisions (which can be altered according to entry numbers) and a best gross prize. All prizes go to your proshop account.

There is a small percentage taken by the club which covers the cost of all trophies and engraving costs. We have discussed dropping second place trophies to reduce the cost (particularly as many are not collected on presentation day).

There is an optional £1 for twos but this money goes directly to the proshop and winning means money in your proshop account.

The Seniors entry is £3 which includes 2s. 3 divisions and 3 prizes per division.

All surpluses go towards the Seniors Christmas lunch/ regular Charity Donations and projects on the golf Course eg seniors have paid for two weather shelters on tees, gates to the golf course.