C'mon Poults!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I love the Masters, start of golf season, great course beautifully set up that you’re familiar with, back nine charges, Couples winding back the years but..

It’s history is troubling and under current still definitely there but we chose to ignore. Chasing the tiger book had an interesting chapter on it, and the lengths gone too to keep it prestine.

Weaker field in terms of numbers with past champions and the invite point causes an issue. Should Sharma have got a special invite despite not meeting qualifying criteria when Poulter in 51st hasn’t received one etc

On today, Poulter just shaving too many holes, hopefully Poulter can find one more birdie to get it done.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I love the Masters, start of golf season, great course beautifully set up that you’re familiar with, back nine charges, Couples winding back the years but..

It’s history is troubling and under current still definitely there but we chose to ignore. Chasing the tiger book had an interesting chapter on it, and the lengths gone too to keep it prestine.

Weaker field in terms of numbers with past champions and the invite point causes an issue. Should Sharma have got a special invite despite not meeting qualifying criteria when Poulter in 51st hasn’t received one etc

On today, Poulter just shaving too many holes, hopefully Poulter can find one more birdie to get it done.

Ironically weaker field yet the one major that illudes Rory

If the open was at St. Andrews every year I think it would be better personally

D

Deleted member 18588

Using the logic of some on here The Open Championship status as a Major should also be in doubt.

After all it has been hosted by several Clubs who would not admit women as members.

In addition it would have been pretty pointless attempting to become a member of some of those Clubs if you happened to be Jewish.

These attitudes and those of Augusta National previously referred to are reprehensible but do not diminish the event's status as a Major.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Poulter looking shaky all of a sudden

Stupid pundits saying things like last winner to hit all greens in reg before he’s even finished the round lol

Looks like it’s duck faces to lose now .. if I tuned in I’d think it’s the 1980s he’s got a old school look about him

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s just another reason why it shouldn’t be a major for me - that sort of attitude will be there at the club - things like the boiler suits , calling spectators “patrons” , it’s all just things that outside golfers people would point to as reasons for golf being all about snobbery

Poults should have got that birdie - still leading but needs a lot of grit to keep

I remember hearing how when Jack nicklaus won the open at muirfield his wife wasn't allowed in the clubhouse, laughable. If that's your logic for the masters not being a major then there are plenty of similar snobbery/sexist/elitist examples at the open so by your own logic that shouldn't be a major either

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Using the logic of some on here The Open Championship status as a Major should also be in doubt.

After all it has been hosted by several Clubs who would not admit women as members.

In addition it would have been pretty pointless attempting to become a member of some of those Clubs if you happened to be Jewish.

These attitudes and those of Augusta National previously referred to are reprehensible but do not diminish the event's status as a Major.

I don’t think it should change, that’s the majors we have and tradition out weighs it. But yes, I think people should be aware of the history, some of which I think continues, and some of the ridiculousness of banning reporters/commentators who disagree, run, say the wrong thing etc.

I’d say it doesn’t help the Open to be held at men only clubs etc, but a difference is there regarding a separate body running the comp to the club, anyone being able to pay to play etc and generally being reported openly.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got to give the kid credit, keeping his cool!

He looked so nervous on the tee on 17 but smashed it straight down the middle

See how he does over water now.. think it’s too late for poulter now.. not gonna catch him

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fair play to the kid!

Dunno why I’m rooting for poulter so strong

He has had his chances in his career and not taken them. This win will set up this kid .. so really should be rooting for him

Shame gutted for poults but hates off to his guy. Great round