C'mon Poults!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Without me checking the record books. For all this talk of it being an invite. Had anyone ever not been invited when they we're in a position thatvwoukd usually see them qualify?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Without me checking the record books. For all this talk of it being an invite. Had anyone ever not been invited when they we're in a position thatvwoukd usually see them qualify?

On the flip if poulter didn’t make it what’s the odds of a cheeky invite to say sorry you been dicked about past 2 years by moronic officials

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
On the flip if poulter didn’t make it what’s the odds of a cheeky invite to say sorry you been dicked about past 2 years by moronic officials

I'm sure there may have been an African American player back in the late 50's 60's who wasn't allowed to play...fortunately all in the past

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm sure there may have been an African American player back in the late 50's 60's who wasn't allowed to play...fortunately all in the past

Any idea of a name or is that based purely on an idea if their being a prejudice? Which I'm sure tjey wouldhave exercised if it had occurred.....

For me the term invite is as valid as fans being called patrons? It's just their terminology. Those that go are generally good enough for me.

Edit. Just seen the name.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think Sifford was the player that they changed the rules so that he couldn’t ever play - removed the “invite” to the Canadian Open Winner ( when he was leadin ) - he knew that he would never get an invite to play there

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty sure he should have been invited more than once, Trevino also had a pretty strong distaste for the Augusta hierarchy

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think Sifford was the player that they changed the rules so that he couldn’t ever play - removed the “invite” to the Canadian Open Winner ( when he was leadin ) - he knew that he would never get an invite to play there

Appears 67/69 he should have qualified.

Don't want to go too far off in a tangent as during that era I'm sure plenty of injustice occurred. For me, it doesn't make the masters less of a major. It does stink that it ever occurred.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Things happen, all in the past no point talking about it 50 years later as it's not going to change anything. It's done and that's it

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Things happen, all in the past no point talking about it 50 years later as it's not going to change anything. It's done and that's it

Exactly . How many talented players never took up the game due to class and ethnic background etc.

It’s in the past now. Can’t change that

D

Deleted member 15344

Appears 67/69 he should have qualified.

Don't want to go too far off in a tangent as during that era I'm sure plenty of injustice occurred. For me, it doesn't make the masters less of a major. It does stink that it ever occurred.

It’s just another reason why it shouldn’t be a major for me - that sort of attitude will be there at the club - things like the boiler suits , calling spectators “patrons” , it’s all just things that outside golfers people would point to as reasons for golf being all about snobbery

Poults should have got that birdie - still leading but needs a lot of grit to keep ahead at the moment

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Exactly . How many talented players never took up the game due to class and ethnic background etc.

It’s in the past now. Can’t change that

Neither can you bang on about their great history without looking at all of it, good and bad. No, you can't change the past but you can learn from it.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It’s just another reason why it shouldn’t be a major for me - that sort of attitude will be there at the club - things like the boiler suits , calling spectators “patrons” , it’s all just things that outside golfers people would point to as reasons for golf being all about snobbery

Poults should have got that birdie - still leading but needs a lot of grit to keep ahead at the moment

Tbf whether it's deemed a major by the officials or not. A tournaments importance will be decided by the fans . The Europa league is meant to be important video cares about it till the quarters? Just as The masters will imo by players and fans always be deemed as important. And a major.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Neither can you bang on about their great history without looking at all of it, good and bad. No, you can't change the past but you can learn from it.
The open tho will be rife with this aswell tho.. how many ethic players will have been refused in Golf clubs who could have been at the open.. golf itself was rotten.

It happened.. can’t change it