C'mon Poults!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fair enough, and I note a few unfollowed, but what are people after when following a celebrity's twitter account if not for an insight of the lifestyle and thoughts behind it. It's unlikely many players are posting a hole by hole update, and any views of the rounds are normally covered by interviews/write ups.

After Houston he posted a picture of a netjets jet and Stenson waiting for him. It was pretty cool, but that's basically a brag and an advert for a sponsor. It's also not what the common man can afford and therefore arrogant by descriptions above. Still it's interesting to see as it is different to everyday life and also shows how players mix outside golf. Bit like Hatton thanking Stenson as his landlord when he drove over in his pimped out golf cart (well it had a radio).

Last edited:

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
For me Poulter can do what he wants, dont like it, like it, whatever. As a golfer he's came from selling mars bars and it's great to see what his riches are as well as his down side. He's one of the very few players in the world who is willing to show his gains and there are many who gave/give out one persona but in reality it's much different. What he has done in the last few months and weeks is nothing short of miraculous. His Ryder cup record is outstanding and he's in the next Ryder cup team for sure and deserves to be. He's clearly devoted to his wife and family and that says a lot if you ask me. As far as I'm concerned he can show off as much as he wants to his 2 million plus twitter viewers, be as arrogant as he likes because he has the game to back it up. His passion for the sport is second to none and his passion for the Ryder cup cannot be surpassed. After injury and other issues he's dug himself out of a big hole and if he disappeared into the background, not one of us would have blinked an eye or ever believed he could do what he's just done. Poulter can carry on as he likes.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You don't need to post about it though to be fair. Why would anyone care what he parks his backside on when he's watching TV?

That's social media!!

Did he pay that for it or is it just a free marketing tool for the companies. You see 'celebs' all the time advertising products on social media - pop stars post a picture of themselves and then tag whoever did their make up, whoever made the dress/shoes, whoever did their hair - it's all product led.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me Poulter can do what he wants, dont like it, like it, whatever. As a golfer he's came from selling mars bars and it's great to see what his riches are as well as his down side. He's one of the very few players in the world who is willing to show his gains and there are many who gave/give out one persona but in reality it's much different. What he has done in the last few months and weeks is nothing short of miraculous. His Ryder cup record is outstanding and he's in the next Ryder cup team for sure and deserves to be. He's clearly devoted to his wife and family and that says a lot if you ask me. As far as I'm concerned he can show off as much as he wants to his 2 million plus twitter viewers, be as arrogant as he likes because he has the game to back it up. His passion for the sport is second to none and his passion for the Ryder cup cannot be surpassed. After injury and other issues he's dug himself out of a big hole and if he disappeared into the background, not one of us would have blinked an eye or ever believed he could do what he's just done. Poulter can carry on as he likes.

Exactly.

Or if you don't like his social media images click unfollow.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I used to follow him on twitter but stopped when he posted a picture of his new $30,000 settee. The ordinary man in the street just cannot relate to that, came across as arrogant then.

Or the time he got some heckler fired from their job. Show some class and ignore it, don't go down to the idiots level.
The guy's too pompous for my liking..:ears:

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Again each to their own, but you're basically critiquing the person who got heckled during his job causing him issues, then abuse continued to him on twitter and the person got all excited recounting the story to barstools. And then when he responded just with the tweets and "think @x will be really proud of their employees" it's him being pompous.

I would suggest if you don't want to be identified then don't follow up boorish behaviour with a tweet that has your employer details (in the world of sport) in your profile.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Again each to their own, but you're basically critiquing the person who got heckled during his job causing him issues, then abuse continued to him on twitter and the person got all excited recounting the story to barstools. And then when he responded just with the tweets and "think @x will be really proud of their employees" it's him being pompous.

I would suggest if you don't want to be identified then don't follow up boorish behaviour with a tweet that has your employer details (in the world of sport) in your profile.

Oh dear, poor lad. Suppose he can take comfort sitting on his 30k couch staring lovingly at his fleet of Ferrari's. I don't mind banter back and to, but taking away his livelihood because you're abit sensitive is out of order IMO. Imagine the abuse Tiger receives, seems to do a great job ignoring/blocking it out.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It is arrogant in a 'look at me' manner. 30k for a flippin settee! Get real. He can spend his money on whatever he wants but don't see why you need to put stuff like that in the public domain.

It's actually for me just the selfie 'look-at-me' 'look-at-what-I have or am doing' curse of instagram, twitter, facebook, whatsapp. and the whole lot.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Why does a grown man feel the need to show on social media that he’s just bought another Ferrari?
Nice car,enjoy it👍🏻
But it’s a bit embarrassing when he feels the need to brag about it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well Poults is continuing his good form at Harbour - currently sitting on top of the leaderboard

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I thought he done good although he'll be disappointed. He can't win them all and it's hard to stay in the lead for all rounds. He's picked up about 200,000 dollars and it should move him up in the rankings. He also finished ahead of some notable world class players.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought he done good although he'll be disappointed. He can't win them all and it's hard to stay in the lead for all rounds. He's picked up about 200,000 dollars and it should move him up in the rankings. He also finished ahead of some notable world class players.

Indeed :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wanted Poults to win, but was really happy for Kodaira at the end, great birdie on the third playoff hole.

Me too. Looked to me as though the Poults tank simply reached empty and he ran out of gas. Given the efforts of the last few weeks that's hardly surprising and he did so well to be in the lead for three and a bit rounds. Good final finish and a great birdie to close it out by Kodaira