Clubhouse or go home?

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only time we don't stay after is if family commitments dictate such. That said it's rare we tee off at 757 so it's lunch when we finish, egg, mushrooms and toast and a pint or soft drink.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Very rarely miss going in the clubhouse for a soft drink or mug of tea as I rarely ever drink and drive, especially on an empty stomach

D

Deleted member 1740

I can't remember the last time I never stopped for a drink after a round. For me it's as important as playing 18holes.

I wouldn't enjoy being a car park member.

D

Deleted member 17920

Clubhouse for me all the time, we meet for breakfast before we play and always go for a drink afterwards.

Its all part of the club life for me.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When time permits it's nice to grab a bite to eat and maybe a shandy. Probably only happens 1/4 of the time though 😕

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Used to live in there for about 5 hours after a round on a Saturday. Few beers, various games of snooker then off for a curry with the guys. Midweek round would see me going in for an hour. .

Ditto, left the car in the car park many times, off the course at weekends around 12.30 generally leave around 4-5pm 🍺🍺

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The clubhouse at a course I play at just seems permanently empty nowdays even thou the club has a full membership,the catering guy there was telling me less and less golfers are now going in the clubhouse after a round for a bevy or food,theres even members with 30 plus years at the club who never go in the clubhouse,clubs out of the car..play...clubs back in the car..home....clubhouse or go home?

Always go in for a drink with my PP or opponents. I was always told it was bad form not to :smirk:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always stop after 18 holes, coffee and a kitkat or a soft drink. 50% of the time I'll stop after I've played a quick 9. Occasionally have a sandwich but I don't don't do the whole day at the club thing. Family life takes precedent.

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For me it depends on the time of day I play.

If morning tee off, I will just drive to the course, play and go home. I would rather have my own leisurely lunch at home with a cup of tea. I don't like to drink beer at lunchtime generally.

If I am playing in the afternoon/twilight then I will have a pint after the round and also maybe some dinner.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
When I play with my mum or with friends, we always sit on the clubhose terrace after at least for a drink (or inside if the weather is too lousy to sit outside). When I play on my own, it depends if I see someone I know when I come back in and how late it is. I like to play a quick nine holes on my own after work, and on those evenings I normally head home right away, because I get tired and hungry. (I could eat at the clubhouse, of course, and sometimes do, but I normally prefer to cook myself and prepare something I can take to work as lunch the next day at the same time).

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I try to go in the clubhouse apres golf as much as possible. Generally it's only a quick one then off but i do try to make the effort. With office based working , Mon to FRi and you two young rugrats there's a balance to be struck and whilst enjoyable i wouldn't be comfortable leaving the house at 7.30am for golf and not rolling home till gone 3.00pm at the weekend . I do enjoy shotgun starts at our place though, the clubhouse is always heaving after golf and am surprised they don't happen more often .

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I I do enjoy shotgun starts at our place though, the clubhouse is always heaving after golf and am surprised they don't happen more often .

Great point, thanks for mentioning this. We are currently looking at next years fixture lists for the club and trying to improve the atmosphere after a round, getting more people playing in comps is a key feature. Shotgun starts get the clubhouse buzzing, improve sociability. I'll mention this to see if we can incorporate one or two more comps doing this. Great comment :thup:

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Always go in to the clubhouse after, even though I'm no drinker

The social side of the club is as much part of being a member for me as the golf

Our club is very sociable and welcoming, so much that the bar/food takings mean they don't really have to chase green fees and societies, and are able to keep the course available to the members

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends what I have on the rest of the day. If nothing I'll stop in for a drink, but if the Mrs wants to do something or have other plans then its straight home for me.

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I think people's living habits have now changed - I like to go in the clubhouse but it depends on what I'm doing after golf. People have families, work lives, so the extra hour to go into the clubhouse can set people back. Also I think money will be a major factor here - as we living in a time of austerity bills going up and people's wages stayed the same some people can't afford to this every time they play.
I know if I went in every time I played I'd be spending an extra £30 - £50 extra a month. Unfortunately its the real life of the 21st century living.

Its also a vicious circle - less people go in - club has to charge more to cover costs - which then put people off more.