Clubhead plating on iron cavity: Issue or not?

ClicketyClick

Visit site
Hi all, long time reader, first time poster!

I have only just noticed that on my 6iron, there is a very small segment of the black plating on the back of the clubhead that is missing, just to the right of the 'a7' logo. I've attached a pic of the 7iron for comparison. Do you think that the absence of such a small section of the plating could in any way affect the performance of the club, or is the issue mainly cosmetic? I can't say for sure how long it's been liike this as I'd only noticed it when cleaning the clubs earlier. Would've thought it'd be a one-piece plating, but for some daft reason it isn't :unsure: I did hit the 6iron on a couple of occasions today and can't say that I felt anything wrong... Thoughts?

Attachments

• 6i.JPG
    6i.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 7i.JPG
    7i.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 19

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I had something fall out the back of the 9iron of my Ping i25s. Can't say I ever noticed a difference. I'd say cosmetic.

ClicketyClick

Visit site
Appreciate the replies (y)

@Bratty Given Ping's favourable customer service reputation, weren't you inclined to see if they'd fix that for you? I know I would be, but that's maybe partly due to my OCD :LOL:

Admittedly, the set from which my pics are posted was a cheap punt from golfclubs4cash, but I've always liked the Adams equipment and I do get on with these clubs. They date back a good few years but it does make you wonder about the quality of manufacturing... or perhaps the care afforded to them by their previous owner(s) :unsure:

The centre plating panel is very slightly loose to the right-hand-side of the 'a7' logo so I'll keep an eye on that - maybe a DIY job for the trusty Gorilla Glue...

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The plating won't matter, but if the dampener comes off then that might. I've got the same problem with mine. I'll be glueing a plate on this morning and also one of the rubber? dampeners is coming away, so will be popping some gorilla glue into that bit as well.t