Club fees all in one vs monthly

HPIMG

Visit site
I wanted to ask how different clubs operate with memberships. My last club would give you some free passes for guests if you paid your membership in full. I was interested in what other clubs offered to try and get members to pay in full or maybe they don’t offer anything ?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
No incentives given if you pay in full at my current club.

A decade or so ago
At a previous club
If you paid in full atleast a full month before fees were due, you got a free 4 ball to bring guests
But they no longer do that either, as I've a mate there and just checked

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We pay monthly, no option is given but I know of 1 person in the whole club that pays upfront . He had to go looking for it and no discount

When you renew you get 2 guest passes

D-S

Visit site
We have the fairway credit option for monthly payments but obviously this is at a cost. We also have for those that in full at renewal an early payment discount but in effect this is really a late payment penalty.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
All rejoining members get a voucher book with various benefits, but no discount for lumping it up in one go. If you pay d/debit it’s via a 3rd party.

They were quite cute last year in saying that anyone who committed 1 month early to rejoining would get the membership at the previous years rate, clearly they were cautious on the cost of living situ

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We get no benefit for paying in one lump sum. I pay monthly and just suck up the additional interest payable.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We pay 7% more for paying monthly, £72 over the cost of paying in one installment. However, I suspect the club are happy to have the more consistent income that monthly payments bring them.

There are no incentives for paying one way or the other, aside from the £72 difference as far as I am aware.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We can either pay in one go or via a credit agency (with interest of course). The club gets its money straight away with either.
If we pay or sign up within a month of the due date we get 2x 4 ball gift vouchers to give to friends.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Paying in full at Fleetwood only brings the benefit of a couple of guest's green frees FOC. I used to pay in full, but as I wasn't always using the guest ticket I switched to pay monthly. No extra surcharge/interest is levied so better that the money is in my account earning mea little bit of interest!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
No difference at ours for paying in full or over 10 months. So I pay over 10 months.

TigerBear

Visit site
I've heard some clubs make you pay a full season in advance if monthly.

Absolute nonsense and shamelessly money grabbing!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s worth noting that if you are on a finance plan and for any reason the course is closed (like covid), the repayments get paused during closures.

This might seem a weird thing to flag but with courses closing as a consumer you would be protected.