Cleaning service at your club.

If the option was there would you pay for your clubs to be cleaned after your round?

• Yes

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 42 77.8%

• Total voters

pmcnally91

Visit site
If the option was there in the car park or outside the 19th, would you pay for a cleaning service if it was available?
If so what sort of price would you be willing to pay for a full set cleaned?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can only comment that there was a spate of such services implemented at many clubs some years back on the back of such research....anyone still got one at their club?

Didn't last long at ours.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had a guy set up a cleaning station at our club on medal days. I think it was a franchise but not sure as I didn't use it. If I remember it was £5 to have grips and club faces cleaned by dipping them into a tank. Since then, the club has bought it's own and is available for members to use themselves. I haven't however heard of anybody using it. I prefer to clean my own using a nail brush and soapy water.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clubs are easy to clean, 2 minutes tops, so I wouldn't pay someone to do it. I only do it when they get dirty so they could go months without touching soapy water.

Homer

Visit site
I would love one - would be great to get your clubs all sparkly. Would it be a free service as that would be a great addition to a club membership and really make people want to join.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When we have had guys outside the changing room offering this service it is obvious that the poll very much matches the usage.

One of the guys at our club decided to give it a try and very quickly a gave it up.

On a personal basis my clubs get cleaned after every 3 rounds or so particularly the grips, roughly once every two weeks so not a service I would pay for.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No I wouldn't pay someone, and no I wouldnt entertain someone else cleaning my clubs.
Welcome to the forum btw:cautious:

Similar - I would have more of an issue with someone handling my clubs than the price. I don't, but let's say I spent thousands on my clubs......the idea of someone taking a wires brush amongst other things fills me with dread

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Similar - I would have more of an issue with someone handling my clubs than the price. I don't, but let's say I spent thousands on my clubs......the idea of someone taking a wires brush amongst other things fills me with dread
Generally the franchise equipment uses ultrasonic cleaning ie nothing touches anything. After that it's water and nylon brushes (which work on grips and club heads).

D

Deleted member 15344

There is a guy in the area who does the ultrasonic clean and it works really well - £5 for the set to be done - always at Woburn and gets plenty of business but not so at other clubs

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

They do not usually use brushes it does by an ultrasonic bath which shakes all the dirt out (bit like a jewelry cleaner only bigger). My worry would be that it shakes the ferrules loose on the heads.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Used it once and that was only because it was a charity day where there was a donation to charity in with getting the clubs cleaned. Did a great job but I wouldn't use it every round that's for sure.