Cleaning service at your club.

If the option was there would you pay for your clubs to be cleaned after your round?

• Yes

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 42 77.8%

• Total voters

Wolf

Visit site
PS Actually quite enjoy cleaning them myself in a strangely therapeutic way
Exactly this for me I find it quite a relaxing thing to do and enjoy it. Keep them clean between shots then once a month a nice relaxing clean through the bag.

Only way I'd ever consider it maybe is it a comp was being run for a charity and someone was offering this was all proceeds going to said charity. Even then I'm funny about someone else touching my clubs.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I think club cleaning would be more as an added extra, paid for by an upmarket club or resort for their members or guests.

Going to be a tough slog to make much money as I don’t think many golfers would place much value on it.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Also, in most cities you can get your car washed for £5 or £6. Assume nearer £10 down south.

So even if folk were prepared to pay £3 or £4 for clubs you’d need a good 20 or 30 folk a day to make it worthwhile.

Maybe ok for a couple of lads trying to make a few quid during summer holidays, but in my view, going to struggle making it any kind of lucrative business

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Also, in most cities you can get your car washed for £5 or £6. Assume nearer £10 down south.

Why assume it's dearer down South?

It IS dearer down South! Near me it's £14 "in out" and the one in Tesco car park is even more!

Back to the OP - I've paid to use that club cleaning service once, for novelty value. ;) Might also have been because I hadn't cleaned my clubs for a couple of years - other than a wipe after playing a shot - and I had just come off the course at a muddy time of year. :censored:
From memory, it was a promotion for a couple of quid and the guy was offering a discount ticket - six cleans for the standard price of four. The problem was you had to use it every week i.e. within the next six weeks! Bright idea, trying to create a regular clientle, but I can recall only one person who washes their clubs after every round.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It IS dearer down South! Near me it's £14 "in out" and the one in Tesco car park is even more!
Hand wash car place just along the road from me, staffed by Eastern Europeans you can get a car washed for £5. I think Kent is south enough:)

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hand wash car place just along the road from me, staffed by Eastern Europeans you can get a car washed for £5. I think Kent is south enough:)
Is that wash and go/ outside only? Don't really see that point of that- why clean the outside and sit in a dirty inside? Even that is £10 . Maybe it's London pricing?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that wash and go/ outside only? Don't really see that point of that- why clean the outside and sit in a dirty inside? Even that is £10 . Maybe it's London pricing?
Thats a "wash the car price"
There wasn't any mention of valeting the inside :)
I wouldnt let anyone near cleaning my inside or out, and chuckle to myself on those complaining about the foriegners working over here yet go to the car wash full of them because their too lazy themsleves to do it.:)
And beathe:cool:

D

Deleted member 15717

If I had faith in the system and they cleaned them really well, especially grips...then yes I would use it. Not every round, but certainly very frequently.

Agree with the trolley and shoes comments too to be fair. Again, for this maybe once a month.

Clubs would be done more regularly though

pmcnally91

Visit site
Thanks all. Appreciate the feedback. It was looking at a potential side business. At the 19th on competition weekends. While the players enjoy a drink. Thanks for the feedback.

Dannyc

Visit site
The professionals assistant in the club shop cleans mine now and again charges a fiver usually done while I’m having breakfast he has a few customers that regularly use him

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We've had this sort of thing before on Captains Day and similar and have also had the ultrasonic cleaning. As a one off it did the job but I really don't see there being a regular call. I do my own clubs and the grips every month or so and prefer looking after my own gear. As a business opportunity I can see it doing OK in the summer buy not sure what demand there will be in winter. I guess if it is something the OP wants to do then he'd need to do some research at his club to gauge interest

D

Deleted member 25172

As a few others previously here, I quite enjoy cleaning the clubs on my own. I clean them after every round. It's therapeutic.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nah, would be a waste of money. I only do a quick cleaning job on the faces/grooves of mine anyway. Spray with water, scrub with club-cleaning brush, wipe off with towel, job done. Probably only do that once a month when I remember as well. In Winter I find there's even less point doing a thorough clean, because as soon as you hit it once next round it's caked in mud again.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
No chance of it happening, no chance of me using it if it were available.

Sad, but I enjoy giving them a scrub before putting them away - can keep an eye on wear and tear at the same time.