Club fees all in one vs monthly

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I do not understand why there is no benefit if we pay upfront. We used to receive a discount but not anymore.

If subs are say Ik it is like having a £500 interest fee loan which can be invested @around 5%.

Added to that and whist somewhat morbid, for which I apologise, if anything serious happens the standing order will be cancelled and one less item to worry about for your Executor.

A no brainer!

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
No discounts for us this year, we have had in the past a 5% discount for early payment, Fairway Credit is an option for monthly payments but obviously fees apply.

TigerBear

Visit site
Why would anyone take that up?
They say you get the following season at last season's rate, so it's technically a discount by paying in advance...even though you're out of pocket for paying up the following season :ROFLMAO:

It was when I was scouting about various different clubs in the Glasgow area. Totally put me off joining. Only the other option was to pay the subs in full :rolleyes:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our year runs from the start of July to the end of June.
You pay in one lump or 2 half’s for no extra. Paying monthly via a credit co costs extra.
There is no extra or freebies (and why should there be, guests get a discounted green fee if playing with you)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Prior to this year there was no incentive to pay in full (as opposed to x9 'monthly' payments). However, this year full members get a £55 addition to your bar card if you pay in full up front. (It's pro-rata'd for those members who pay the various discounted fees)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I pay across the year to split the cost and so I can budget my monthly income accordingly. I started when the club worked with Fairway Credit although the club do it in house now. That and I'm trying to get the credit card down so not a good idea to then whack a large chunk on. As far as I'm aware there are no incentives whichever way you pay

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our places uses Fairway Credit if you want to pay monthly as well - so it works out more overall. Although you pay it over 10 months so it feels good when March & April roll round and there's no payment.

I don't think there's any additional benefit to paying the whole year rather than monthly - whichever one you choose you get some bar credit and some half price guest vouchers* if you sort it early before the renewal date.

*this has varied actually, most recently it was half-price guest vouchers. One year it was a couple of freebie guest vouchers if I recall correctly, but that was just after Covid.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No extras where I play for paying full.

We operate our own DD scheme but do not know if there is an extra charge for doing so.