Churchillian Home Insurance ripoff

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
So where does a companies priority lie, with its customers or its " investors". I don't buy my insurances etc to keep a pensioner I don't know happy. And seeing as the government is robbing half of me pension anyway I deffo don't buy summat overpriced to keep them happy.
A companies priorities lies with be changing constantly. I very much doubt the government is robbing half of your pension besides you are getting something for your investment in the government so it’s hardly robbing. Whether you are getting value for money is another debate.

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
No investment involved in that!

So reduced costs, more efficient use of resources and greater sales, from general expansion, don't contribute a all!

I agree with MiB's earlier description! Daft post!
Agreed I should have some some of the ways rather than the only ways

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
It's not just insurance that do it. I've just searched two quotes for going away with the kids for October half term. Half term dates are 19/10/18 to 28/10/18. The first quote is for 11 nights from 18/10 and the second is for 10 nights from 19/10. How is it possible that I can stay for 11 nights from 18/10 for £105 less than the cost of 10 nights from 19/10? View attachment 25483
Looks like you have got yourself a bargain - book it quick before they change it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A companies priorities lies with be changing constantly. I very much doubt the government is robbing half of your pension besides you are getting something for your investment in the government so it’s hardly robbing. Whether you are getting value for money is another debate.
Read up on the Mineworkers pension scheme ( MPS) and see how much they have robbed. You doubts will then be gone. Not sure of exact figures, but it is between 4 and 6 Billion pounds

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
Read up on the Mineworkers pension scheme ( MPS) and see how much they have robbed. You doubts will then be gone. Not sure of exact figures, but it is between 4 and 6 Billion pounds
Is that the scheme where the government guaranteed future payments on the basis any surplus was split 50 50 betweeen the government and the scheme and now that the surplus is great the scheme wants to take a bigger share?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Is that the scheme where the government guaranteed future payments on the basis any surplus was split 50 50 betweeen the government and the scheme and now that the surplus is great the scheme wants to take a bigger share?
That's the one, the one where unions were conned into accepting 50/50, the ones where miners were promised all the pits would not be shut and they would be working to a ripe old age. The one where most miners die before the average death age because of the harsh environment they worked in. The one where every other pension scheme in the uk that goes tits up ends up in the pension protection fund with a guarantee of 90% pension plus a far superior lump sum Of £30 per £1 cashed in as against £9 per £1 in the MPS. Successive governments theft of this fund make Robert maxwell look like a milk bottle thief.
You just read the bits that support your weak argument 👍

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
That's the one, the one where unions were conned into accepting 50/50, the ones where miners were promised all the pits would not be shut and they would be working to a ripe old age. The one where most miners die before the average death age because of the harsh environment they worked in. The one where every other pension scheme in the uk that goes tits up ends up in the pension protection fund with a guarantee of 90% pension plus a far superior lump sum Of £30 per £1 cashed in as against £9 per £1 in the MPS. Successive governments theft of this fund make Robert maxwell look like a milk bottle thief.
You just read the bits that support your weak argument 👍
And the one where government guarantees has enabled the trustees to take an aggressive investment strategy- no doubt investing in various insurance companies to generate the surplus