Chit chat

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I find I always talk about golf (same off course I'm obsessed) or just run of the mill chat about day to day stuff, if I'm with my friends its just slagging each other for 4 hours

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just golf-focused banter really. Bemoaning how badly I've/we've played usually. If it's a friendly round, then taking the mick out of each other does the job.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I asked a pro this question once, we were playing in a pro-am. He was low level, not the big tours. "s?x, all the time" was his response without even thinking. Ha ha. Perhaps being away from home playing golf all the time makes them a bit frustrated :D.

If new partners then I will ask about past clubs, others that I know then different courses they have played, other golf chatter. Football is always a good go to topic. I generally avoid work chat.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
You mean, you actually talk on the golf course? ;)

hm ... the weather for sure ... the current happenings at the club ... tv sometimes or movies, depending on who I am playing with ... wildlife sightings on the course (Oh look, there's that turtle again!)... when I play with strangers it is a lot of the ususal "What do you do for a livinig?" and "Where else do you play?" etc.

But I really don't talk that much during a round. I am normally quite happy to just play when it is my turn and to look about enjoying nature the rest of the time.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Insults, praise, insults, “yeah, nice shot”, insults, banter, women, new bar girl, insults, “good putt”, “ffs”, insults, bandits, weather, sweaty balls, beer.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Football is always a good go to topic. I generally avoid work chat.

I played in a tournament several years ago with two guys who hadn't met before. After a few holes of normal chat they got onto football and discovered one supported Arsenal and the other supported Spurs. They never exchanged another word the whole way round.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in a tournament several years ago with two guys who hadn't met before. After a few holes of normal chat they got onto football and discovered one supported Arsenal and the other supported Spurs. They never exchanged another word the whole way round.

Sad bunch. That should have led to a whole range of football banter, ribbing each other, poking fun etc. It must have been a blast for you.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a pair of idiots. Football is about banter and bragging rights, not about taking it so seriously you would hate someone based on their choice of team.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
What a pair of idiots. Football is about banter and bragging rights, not about taking it so seriously you would hate someone based on their choice of team.

I remember taking a client to a Saracens rugby game when they played at Vicarage road a few years ago. He was a real football fanatic and had never been to a rugby game before or really knew anything about Rugby.

He was apoplectic when he discovered the the away fans (Leicester ) all mixed in with the home fans on the whole. He too a particular dislike to two old ladies sitting in front of us wearing Leicester Tigers shirts and wanted to kick off with them:rofl::rofl:

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Depends who I'm with

Usual group - lots of golf talk, some football amd general chit chat and lots of banter

One other slightly less regular group - we talk about all kinds of things, politics etc as well. A couple of them are big into conspiracy theories so if I ever want to distract them on the back 9 the odd mention of the Illuminati or alien disclosure usually does the trick :)

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That is very sad, bordering on ridiculous