Chit chat

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of my mates just came back from moth or so in France. During the pre round coffee meeting. He quipped '" I really did miss the intellectual conversation whilst abroad"

As you may guess it was anything but intellectual.

We are a very diverse group and conversations are rarely the same, although football the PGA and the European tours feature high in the list on Monday morning.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Being a course in Liverpool, even if playing with strangers or guys I havent met before in the comp, its very rare that the first 3 holes go by without football being brought up. Red and blue rarely dont get on.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Depends who I am with and whether it's a comp or not. A lot of our better players will have a chat on the tee if we're waiting but once they've teed off until they hole out can be in their own little world. I let them get on with it. If its a roll up then we'll chat about sport, the news, the goings on at the club and the way the game is going. Usually some very fierce banter in there as well

Moquillo19

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When 'Strictly' is on we have been known to have detailed conversations about the outfits worn by some of the girls.. . I'm sure one of the lads mentioned a heel lead and a fleckle on more than one occasion.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When 'Strictly' is on we have been known to have detailed conversations about the outfits worn by some of the girls.. . I'm sure one of the lads mentioned a heel lead and a fleckle on more than one occasion.

We have the same chats. Amazing how people can dissect a minor celebrity's footwork or outfit and argue about marking. The old rugby is a good one during the six nations with a decent smattering of Scots, Irish and Welsh amongst the roll up groups on Saturday and Sunday. Just missing the sterotypical pizza chucker!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
When playing with Topoftheflop and Smiffy, Rob mentioned he was very keen on Katya. Few minutes later and Craig has got her on his phone sending Rob a video message. Rob was on cloud nine for the rest of the round.;)

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't find any round boring whether it's 3hrs or 6hrs long, it's just great being able to be on a course.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
away fans (Leicester ) all mixed in with the home fans on the whole.

I remember going to Headingly to see Leeds vs Bradford (2003, when they were a top side). It was packed (record attendance according to Wikipedia).

Leeds home fans usually occupy the big South stand opposite the cricket ground side stand.

It was so full they just let Bulls fans in there too! It was a fantastic atmosphere and a day I wont forget.

Thousands of people from all backgrounds cheering on their team alongside those supporting the opposition, all in the home team stand. Only in non-football sports...