Chipper Fitting

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I have one that has a hybrid head rather than putter style. Not used on the course but I often take it when going out for a pre-dawn walk/jog as the stray dogs round my place can be a bit aggressive before daybreak and if confronted I need something to wield
Not had the lie checked but I believe its about a 35 degree loft & 34” shaft which I feel will allow me to put up a spirited defense. So far I’ve only had to threaten with it but am prepared to go that bit extra if need be

Despite previous advice on here about using alternative existing clubs instead of a chipper I'm not sure what other club would fill the same function as this bad boy, well balanced and easy to swing, its my go to club really, I can even do a full shot with it

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can’t help but feel that in a few years time we’ll see people with two putters in the bag, with with significantly more loft than the other but both hidden under head covers.

“ it’s not a chipper, it’s my lofted putter “

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I can’t help but feel that in a few years time we’ll see people with two putters in the bag, with with significantly more loft than the other but both hidden under head covers.

They used to be called approach putters or approach cleeks.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Why hide it.
If it helps and is legal I don’t see a problem.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why hide it.
If it helps and is legal I don’t see a problem.

There has always been a hint of ribbing around owning a chipper, not sure why. If most people miss greens then a chipper will be just as used as the putter or driver.

I’m not sure where the stigma originated from, may be just because a pro’s don’t carry them?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There has always been a hint of ribbing around owning a chipper, not sure why. If most people miss greens then a chipper will be just as used as the putter or driver.

I’m not sure where the stigma originated from, may be just because a pro’s don’t carry them?

So if I get one, you won’t take the pee?