Chipper or smartsole

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found the faces are a bit hot and they are lack feel… they need to be forged 🤣
That's exactly why they're great for greenside rough, you don't have to swing long or hard and they're almost impossible to duff. It's just a little punch and the ball pops out nicely with a good roll on it. It's hard to get it drastically wrong.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's exactly why they're great for greenside rough, you don't have to swing long or hard and they're almost impossible to duff. It's just a little punch and the ball pops out nicely with a good roll on it. It's hard to get it drastically wrong.
Yup, but I don’t carry hybrids normally, I have experimented with one this winter but I cannot see it making my summer set up. It just doesn’t offer me anything different to what I have or need. In fact it was being dropped from the winter bag, because it wasn’t a stand out option.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have practiced this loads but there is no consistency with it. The ball just zooms of the face and very rarely gets as close to the flag as I do with a wedge.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have practiced this loads but there is no consistency with it. The ball just zooms of the face and very rarely gets as close to the flag as I do with a wedge.
Horses for courses I guess. I find it more consistent than a wedge for those sticky muddy lies, since you can't stick it in the turf or knife the ball through the other side. I tend to lift the heel of the hybrid and hit more with the toe as well, that stops it flying off too hot.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched the Bullard vs Rock video. Apart from the general banter there was some really good tips and comments about chipping.
I had got to a point where I had realised my general set up was incorrect. I applied the set up changes to my chipping and it is like the comments Rock was making.. so far I have not broken any windows when using live ammo in the back garden.
So the chipper will be dropped and I will take it to the course… when I get rid of this cold.