Central, West Midlands & Warwickshire Regional - King Of Kings 2014".

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re: Central, West Midlands & Warwickshire Regional - King Of Kings 2014".

Good scoring! You're the man to beat.

I'll bring trolley and a cary bag then and keep my fingers crossed.

Looking forward to meeting all tomorrow, and upsidedown, hope you're fully recovered!

Cheers Crow, ice and painkillers did the business, see you all tomorrow.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Do you think we will be temp free tomorrow? No rain due overnight....

Again, I can't answer that, its the decision of the head greenkeeper at 7am in the morning. We had it bad last night and all morning but the course is still playing well. Yes it can be a bit soft and boggy off the fairway and in-between greens & tees, so you should all be concentrating on hitting them straight :smirk:

It's the same conditions for everyone boys & girls, lets just have a good meet and day and enjoy the company on the day :D

D

Deleted member 17920

It's the same conditions for everyone boys & girls, lets just have a good meet and day and enjoy the company on the day :D
Agreed and many thanks for organising. :thup:Forecast is for no rain so it's a winner already.

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I played this afternoon (gross 82) , and although it was nice and sunny, the deluge of rain we had earlier was substantial that we had 3 temporary greens! Obviously I can't predict anything, but, it was justifiable carry only today and with the sun, wind and calmer weather this afternoon, hopefully it could be trolley tomorrow but I would personally be prepared for carry only just in case. The only 1 thing I can't control is the weather :smirk:

Is that Net 62 Fish? SSS 70 so I assume that means you're now playing off 17 or 18 tomorrow? :whistle:

See you all tomorrow gents, looking forward to it. Looking at the weather forecast, we won't need the waterproofs but bring thermals!

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I wont be able to make the 5th Robin , sorry mate ................

D

Deleted member 17920

Just a note to say thanks to Fish for organising today, great company with fish, cheltenham hacker and liqdaddymac, lovely course and great weather, lovely friendly clubhouse as well and won't ruin it by revealing the scores :eek:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site

Cracking weather today, well done Fish, you'll be responsible for all meets with this top organising :)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

Great day's golf in good company, thanks Fish for organising the day and such good value too!

As I'm not going to feature any further in the KOK I'll give a quick run down of my trials and tribulations.
We were carrying and I dropped out my 4 iron and 9 wood to lighten the load, first hole I pushed my drive a tad and was blocked out by some birch trees, perfect scenario for my trusty 9 wood, which was in the car boot... tried 7 iron but thinned it off the downhill lie into the birches and out onto the next fairway, triple bogey start was not good. A run of bogeys followed until I picked up my first par on the 6th, but I'd already lost over two thirds of my shots by then.

Nice birdie on the par 5 8th but out in 44. Started the back nine well and parred the first three holes but then on the par 4 13th the wheels fell off big time. I was just over the temp in two, hit a fat chip and double hit it, left the next short as well, chipped on and three putted for a 9. :eek:

88 net 79.

Thanks to Oxfordcomma, la lucha and upsidedown for making the round so enjoyable.

After a pint I went back to my club to collect my new Mizunos and as it was now 3.15 and the course was pretty quiet I had to go out and play a few holes, course clear all the way round so I got 18 in, my legs are aching now, it's been a while since I've played 36 on a day.

The new clubs were great when I managed to put a good swing on them, trying too hard.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site

he should do, local knowledge and plays more rounds than RickG and that takes some doing ;)

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

he should do, local knowledge and plays more rounds than RickG and that takes some doing ;)

Yeah got to agree with that , Jose Simpson is a force to behold of his handicap

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Thank you to everyone who played yesterday in the 1st stage of the Central, West Midlands & Warwickshire King of Kings regional qualifiers.

Always good to play with new people and meet new forum faces, I trust you all enjoyed what I think is a great, tough but fair course. The recent weather meant we did have 2 unannounced temps on the 13th & 16th and we had a few forward mats to protect our saturated tee boxes but all-in-all I still think the course is playing very well and at the deal I got, along with me waiving my membership for the day, everyone only paid £12.50 :eek:

With everyone arriving on time, we mustered around the putting green and then duly went to the chipping area waiting for a gap on the 1st tee. The course was quiet due to the scramble featuring in the afternoon and with glorious sunshine breaking through, the early frost and ice we saw only on the first couple of greens was soon gone. The weather was superb, in fact, it caught a lot of us out who where wearing long-johns, thermals & base-layers expecting freezing forecast weather, it really was a truly excellent sunny day.

I'd like to thank my playing partners Lincoln Quaker, Liqdaddymac & CheltenhamHacker for their great company where there was some good and not so good golf being displayed by all of us at times :smirk:

After a glorious day of golf in glorious sunshine we retired to the clubhouse for a beer and some scoff.

I am not going to publish results and scores at this point as there are 2 more dates with matches to play, however, I will state that only 4 cards didn't have any quads on them, only 1 card didn't have at least a treble on them, so, there were some tough holes out their for some if not everyone of varying handicap levels at times!

Should anyone want to play at KGC in the future after April when we are back off the white blocks and our new 12th green is open, please don't hesitate to ask, I am always happy to guest anyone :thup:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site

grrrr fence sitting. Gutted to miss this but I will get upto you at some point Robin when your giving me about 10 shots sounds about right.

Sounds like some tough going but all in all as with all meets I am sure a great day was had by all. :thup:

Liqdaddymac

Head Pro
Visit site

Was a great day with great company!

Will have a round next time I am at NG offices in Warwick for a meeting!