CB orMB

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know what shaft I want, but am undecided on whether to use a cavity back or muscle back head .Currently trying out Mizunos in both. What are the pros and cons please?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Blades look better in the bag and are gorgeous to hit when you're playing well.

Cavity backs still go ok when you're not swinging great, on the proviso that you find the face somewhere near the middle.

The only other difference I found was that blades were easier to use for little touchy feels shots around the green.

You don't happen to want PX6.0 do you? If so I've got a set of blades you could try to see how you get on.

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
I have just got MP5s having come from a player cavity for years (Ping S59 tours, then Adams CMB). I tried both the mp5 and the mp25. I was thinking of a combo set with mp25 4-6 and mp5 7-PW, I actually hit the 5 better and prefered the looks and feel. I pumped for the mp5 4-PW.

What irons do you currently play?

Bobirdie

Journeyman Pro
www.williamsdoubleglazing.co.uk
I got a set of Jpx 850 forged fully custom fit at the start of last season. Really easy irons to hit. A bit too long for me i think.Miss hits were still going as far however reaching the rubbish. I've now put them in the cupboard and bought a set of older style taylormade Mb. If I mis hit it I'm losing 20 yards. I'm happy with that punishment.

If I got fitted again I would do 4 iron CB and maybe the 5 iron and the rest blades

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There's a Ping demo day at my club at the end of the month. Been tempted by the I model, but having tried the I blade recently and finding that easy to hit, easier than I expected, I'm interested to see some numbers comparing the two