Carry or trolley

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
After last year where I carried through the winter months I was going over on my ankles every other week. This year I have bought some hedgehog wheels and am using the trolley. I picked my bag up to Chuck it in the car and it weighs a ton. All me clubs, waterproof trousers and jacket. Hopefully everything I need. I was listening to a PP the other day, he is carrying and has dumped 3 clubs. No leggings as he trusts the weather forecast. His bag is as light as a feather.
So what are you doing, carrying or buggy. And have you offloaded any gear Only finding you could of used it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If carrying just wear your waterproofs.
Minimum balls 6 ,
Few tees ?
So just clubs in the bag.
Pick your irons for the par 3s.
Then blend the rest around them.

We have lines you can’t go over by the greens.
So much easier to carry.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm carrying this winter with just half a set, think about how many times a round you use your irons. Wearing waterproofs to save carrying them and then layering accordingly. Today as high was due to be around 5, went with 4 top layers and thermal leggings under waterproof trousers.
Had 6 shots I had to manufacture and two of them ended up in birdies ?.
I do like the challenges of manufacturing shots and also the simplicity of carrying.
It was Carry only on Sunday, 160 golfers out and green keepers remarked you could hardly see where they had been. Even went on to say ban buggies and trollies and we'd never have to shut ?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trying to make a conscious effort of carrying more, just because it is easier and don’t have to lump everything in and out the car.

I think the summer is best for trolleying so you can carry loads of water, but in the winter, you don’t need to carry a lot of stuff...so whack the bag on your back

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've went back to carrying after 15 years of using a trolley, it's so handy and easy. New lightweight bags weigh next to nothing and I have everything I need. I found when I had the trolley and cart bag I brought stuff with me I never needed, now it's just the essentials. I thought I would struggle a little with tiredness towards the end of the round as I'm not as young as I used to be but it hasn't affected me at all. Carrying all the way

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I carry in the winter for course preservation. I play with a half day of irons, driver, 5 wood and putter. Just a few balls as I don't tend to lose too many and my bag is light was well.
Oh and my hip flask ;)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm carrying this winter with just half a set, think about how many times a round you use your irons. Wearing waterproofs to save carrying them and then layering accordingly. Today as high was due to be around 5, went with 4 top layers and thermal leggings under waterproof trousers.

Four?????????????

Even at freezing temps I cant wear more than 3 layers....I'd expire with 4...or at least lose two or three stone during the round!!! One year I remember it was a about 2 degrees and I had to delayer after 4 holes to remove the base layer I was wearing and revert back to a long sleeved tee shirt and jumper.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I carry during the winter, partly because it’s so easy just walking to your ball without planning where to leave the trolley, a way out etc, and partly because of the faff of getting a trolley and bag out before the round and putting it all away after... usually in the cold and rain! So much easier to just stick a bag in the boot and go.

I’ve taken out my low bounce wedge as we have fairly soft fairways, and also my 5 iron because I don’t use it very often. I can’t hit my 3 wood so I only carry 10 clubs.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Four?????????????

Even at freezing temps I cant wear more than 3 layers....I'd expire with 4...or at least lose two or three stone during the round!!! One year I remember it was a about 2 degrees and I had to delayer after 4 holes to remove the base layer I was wearing and revert back to a long sleeved tee shirt and jumper.
Yip we're all different ??

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Trolley
The state of my knees and ankles at the moment means if there is a trolley ban then I simply won't be able to play
We have a few fairly steep climbs and they're quite hard with a bag on your back.
Fortunately we are a true 12 month course and, even with the rain last winter, we only went carry-only 3 or 4 times and never closed.
One of the reasons for joining.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Trolley
The state of my knees and ankles at the moment means if there is a trolley ban then I simply won't be able to play
We have a few fairly steep climbs and they're quite hard with a bag on your back.
Fortunately we are a true 12 month course and, even with the rain last winter, we only went carry-only 3 or 4 times and never closed.
One of the reasons for joining.

It’s the state of my ankles that makes me use a trolley. Otherwise I would carry.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I carried all summer - good exercise! Plan to carry when the weathers less wet!

Winter - trolley! Feels like im doing things the wrong way here but my trolley has an umbrella attachment, cup holder for my coffee and just generally makes the cold mornings feel a little easier. I would not last long in the drizzle if I was carrying!

My course has closed for buggies other than single ride ons, they destroy the ground - I've never used one though!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I carry in both winter and summer however the course I joined this year has a few very very steep hills, so there may be another"which trolley" thread getting started come spring time ?