Carry Bag to use on Trolley

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
I currently have 2 golf bags. Cart bag for summer, stand bag for the winter.

Both need replacing and I was thinking about getting 1 to cover both jobs.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a stand bag that sits well on a trolley (GoKart).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a generic rule, carry bags aren't really designed to sit on a trolley and I've always struggled to get one to stay on properly. These days a lot of cart bags are specifically designed to sit on a trolley and all pockets are accessible. Again, I've had tour bags before and had to put them on their side to get access to as many pockets as possible. If would get a cart bag with winter coming and then look for a stand bag bargain at the start of 2019.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah I've had the same problem when using a stand bag on a trolley, they always have to sit on sideways. I hoping someone will have a recommendation for one that can do both jobs.

Weve just moved house and ive lost my golf storage area.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I flit about between trolley and carrying and my last three bags have been mizuno. But having a quick scan they may no longer do that style so that doesn't help!
Try looking at those with 'hybrid' in the name perhaps.
The ones with 14 club slots also tend to be a little sturdier/larger so may suit.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I can’t say I’ve tried it but I have a Titleist Players 14 Stand Bag and it seems like it would make a good carry/trolley hybrid!

Attachments

• 9696DD0D-B7D6-43C0-875D-ED865F8088B0.jpeg
    9696DD0D-B7D6-43C0-875D-ED865F8088B0.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 29

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ping Hoofers sit fine. I’ve sacked off my Ping Tour bag as it was a pain in the nackers to tow about 3 flights of stairs in the house. They have a more rounded base without any extra foot attachments externally. Of all the carry bags I’ve bought over the years, it’s by far an away the most comfortable. It’s also lasted a lot longer too. Going on for 4 seasons now. Still going strong.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can’t say I’ve tried it but I have a Titleist Players 14 Stand Bag and it seems like it would make a good carry/trolley hybrid!

I have this bag and use it on a trolley each week during the summer. Obviously doesn't fit as well as a cart bag but I can get it to sit straight on my Powakaddy with all pockets accessible.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never had an issue with my stand bags sitting on my trolley. Many bags have straps to lock the feet against the bag, and it doesn't twist and turn as the trolley straps hold it fine.

My tour bag also sits fine on it, and the only pocket not available is the large 'name' pocket that I carry my waterproofs in (hence don't need to access most of the time) you can still get to it but it just a little awkward.

Trolley is Stewart push trolley. Tour bag is a Srixon, and stand bag is a TM Flex tech.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a titliest stadry 5 bag.. waterproof .. it sits on my m1 motocaddy trolley perfectly and if I need to carry its ofc suppose to be carried

Also because the pockets are limited being a carry bag it teaches me to travel light

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Cobra King Dry Tec stand bag has a strap to fit round the legs so that they pop out when it sits on the trolly. Works fine.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've never had an issue putting a carry bag onto a trolley. Not really quite sure what the issue is, you'll have straps on the trolley anyway, just wrap them around the bag and you'll be sorted.